Training and Development
A talented team of professionals from the Continuous Improvement, Staff Development and Engagement team at the Service Center of Excellence offers training programs that foster career development, continuously nurture achievement and encourage success for UNC-Chapel Hill’s finance professionals.
ConnectCarolina User Information Site
This is the primary source for Finance training.
- Register for a ConnectCarolina Training Class
- Launch CC Info Computer-Based Training
- Launch Carolina Talent My Learning Computer-Based Training
- Search the Resource Library
Other Finance Training
- Chartfield Structure 101 User Guide
- Chartfield String
- Campus Unit (CU) Finance Leads and ConnectCarolina Liaisons
- Accounts to Object Codes List
Upcoming CPE Opportunities
Check the NC Office of the State Controller site for upcoming CPE opportunities.
To be notified when CPE events are scheduled, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links for CPAs
- Bill Presentation Manual
- Bill Presentation CBT (see Making Payments section)
Customer Billing Management
- Customer Billing Management Manual
- Customer Billing Management CBT (see Making Payments section)
- Correcting Posted CBM Charges Instructions
Information on BuyCarolina can be found on the BuyCarolina site. BuyCarolina training information can be found on the ConnectCarolina User Information site.
Students and Temporary Employees
- Computer-Based Training (CBT – 15 minutes)
- SHRA Temporary Employee TIM Pay Code Access Quick Reference Card
SHRA Non-Exempt (Time Capture)
SHRA Non-Exempt (Manual Time Entry)
SHRA and EHRA Exempt
TIM Access – Other Devices
TIM Administrators and Manager Instructor-Led Training Resources
- Register for New TIM Administrators Training (Note: This is for TIM Administrators only, not TIM Managers)
- TIM Manual for TIM Managers and Administrators
- TIM Administrator: Conversions
- TIM Internal Audit Memo – Dec. 2011
- Ensuring Timely Payment of Hours Worked
- Employee Payment and Leave Reporting (TIM)
- TIM Manager Access: What Managers Need to Know
- EHRA Leave Payouts QRC
- Alternate Holiday Religious Observance in TIM
Core Computer-Based Trainings
Advanced Computer-Based Trainings
Please visit the Concur Travel webpage for training and resources.
Travel & Expense Card Training and Resources
Please visit the Travel & Expense Card webpage for training and resources.
- Excel: IF Statements – An Introduction to using IF, IFS, and SumIF in Excel.
- Excel: Pivot Tables – This course is an introduction to Pivot Tables in Excel. Attendees will learn how to format data for a pivot table as well as how to create a pivot table.
- Excel: Charts – This course covers an introduction to creating charts and using the ideas application in Excel. We will then cover how to edit chart areas, manipulate data series in charts, and more. Basic Excel formatting skills are required.
- Excel: Dashboards – This course covers an introduction to creating charts and using the ideas application in Excel. We will then cover how to incorporate pivot tables and pivot charts into a reporting dashboard. Basic Excel formatting skills are required and an understanding of pivot tables recommended.
- Excel: Conditional Formatting – This training is a basic introduction to conditional formatting in Excel.
- Excel: Intro to Formulas – An introduction to creating formulas and utilizing excel functions for calculations and reports. Functions will include Sum, Sumif, Vlookup, and more.
- Excel: PowerPivot – An introduction to PowerPivot that introduces connecting multiple data sets and creating a data model.
Additional Training Resources
104 Airport Drive
Campus Box 1930
- Department Email
- Contact Phone