Training and Development
A talented team of professionals from the Continuous Improvement, Staff Development and Engagement team at the Service Center of Excellence offers training programs that foster career development, continuously nurture achievement and encourage success for UNC-Chapel Hill’s finance professionals.
This is the primary source for Finance training.
- Register for a ConnectCarolina Training Class
- Launch Computer-Based Training
- Search the Resource Library
Other Finance Training
- Chartfield Structure 101 User Guide
- Chartfield String
- Campus Unit (CU) Finance Leads and ConnectCarolina Liaisons
- Accounts to Object Codes List
Upcoming CPE Opportunities
Check the NC Office of the State Controller site for upcoming CPE opportunities.
To be notified when CPE events are scheduled, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links for CPAs
Customer Billing Management
- Customer Billing Management Manual
- Customer Billing Management CBT (see Making Payments section)
- Correcting Posted CBM Charges Instructions
Purchasing Card (P-Card)
The CBTs may display more clearly in the Mozilla Firefox browser than in Internet Explorer or Chrome.
- Initial P-Card Accountholder Training CBT (Accountholders ONLY – 25 min)
- Reconciling P-Card Transactions and Uploading Receipts CBT (ALL WORKS USERS – 25 min)
- Approving P-Card Transactions CBT (Approvers ONLY – 15 min)
Quick Reference Cards (QRCs)
- P-Card Reconciling Transactions QRC
- P-Card Approving Transactions QRC
- P-Card Uploading Receipts QRC
- P-Card Running Reports QRC
“Getting to Know Works” Webinar
Students and Temporary Employees
- Computer-Based Training (CBT – 15 minutes)
- SHRA Temporary Employee TIM Pay Code Access Quick Reference Card
SHRA Non-Exempt (Time Capture)
SHRA Non-Exempt (Manual Time Entry)
SHRA and EHRA Exempt
TIM Access – Other Devices
Managers and TIM Administrators
- TIM Managers and TIM Administrators Manual
- Classroom Training for New TIM Administrators (Note: This is for TIM Administrators only, not TIM Managers)
- TIM Manager Access: What Managers Need to Know