All University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill employees are enrolled as a vendor in the ConnectCarolina system upon hire by the unit’s Human Resources Manager, which enables them to receive pay through Payroll Services. Further steps and modifications should be done by the employee via the ConnectCarolina system. Instructions are below.
Since 2008, all employees – faculty, staff, temporary employees and students who receive pay through Payroll Services – participate in mandatory direct deposit of pay per the University’s Payroll Direct Deposit Policy. Direct deposit provides assurance that your pay will be in your bank account as of the bank opening on pay day. Direct deposit is secure, reliable, convenient and fast, and with direct deposit there are no lost checks.
Employees enrolled in direct deposit can view details of earnings and deductions by accessing their pay notifications online using the Self-Service menu in ConnectCarolina. Online access provides a secure way to view or print your pay notifications not only for the current pay period but for past pay periods.
- Procedure 1106.1 – Enrolling, Cancelling, or Initiating Changes to Direct Payroll Deposit
- Form 1106.1.1f — Direct Payroll Deposit Authorization Form for all SHRA Employees (Perm, Temp, Student) and EHRA Non-Faculty Employees
- Form 1106.1.2f — Direct Payroll Deposit Authorization Form for Faculty, Post Docs and EHRA Student Employees
- Policy 1107 – Required Salary and Benefit Deductions
- Policy 1108 – Statutory Deductions
- Policy 1109 – Non-Statutory Deductions
- Policy 1110 – Graduate Student Payroll and Other Non-Statutory Deductions
- North Carolina State Employees’ Credit Union
- SEANC (State Employees’ Association of North Carolina) Dues
- Office of Human Resources – Benefits
- Leave Policies
Service Owned By: