Purchasing Card (P-Card)
The University Purchasing Card (P-Card) is a card method of payment available to University employees through their departments, with appropriate approval from their department heads. It provides fast payment for goods or services allowable under Policy 1252 – Small Order Purchase via P-Card, and can be used for purchases up to $5,000.00.
Employees fill out an application for the card, receive approval from their department and send in the application to the P-Card office. When the P-Card is ready, the employee will pick up their card from the P-Card office and must attend a mandatory training session before using the P-Card. Once in use, the cardholder is responsible for submitting all receipts for P-Card purchases in WORKS, the University’s online reconciliation program for the card.
For relevant guidelines and policies, see the information below.
Handbook and Training
- P-Card Handbook
- P-Card Training
- Frequently Asked Questions (page 17 of the P-Card Handbook)
- P-Card Tips and Tricks
- Using a P-Card with MyPanera Account Quick Reference Card
Policies, Procedures and Forms
- Policy 1252 – Small Order Purchase via P-Card
- Procedure 1252.1 – Obtaining a Purchasing Card
- Procedure 1252.2 – Using a Purchasing Card
- Procedure 1252.3 – Reconciling a Purchasing Card (P-Card)
- Form 1252.1.1f – P-Card Application
- Form 1252.1.2f – P-Card Account Maintenance Form
- Form 1252.3.1f – Missing Receipt Affidavit