2023-2024 Operating Budget
The FY 2023-24 Budget Book presented here provides a high-level view of operating revenues and expenses for the University and its major operating units and describes the process and priorities that have guided decision-making across campus during budget development.
Following a year of significant investments in top priorities, the primary focus for the FY 2023-24 budget was to maintain the University’s financial position and focus on carrying out currently funded initiatives. The FY 2023-24 budget process included a review of requests totaling $108.7 million in new funding, with allocations focused on four themes: Fiscal Responsibility, Enable Career Development, Discover, and Serve to Benefit Society. The end result was an all-funds budget that totals $4.2 billion for University initiatives and reflects the broad scope and impact of the University’s mission.
The FY 2023-24 Operating Budget was approved by the Board of Trustees on April 27, 2023, and was submitted to the Board of Governors for review on May 25, 2023.
This online version of the report contains a downloadable PDF of the full report. Areas of interest can also be directly accessed by using the links below.
Campus Unit Operating Budgets
- University Administration
- Academic Affairs
- The College of Arts and Sciences
- UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School
- UNC School of Data Science and Society
- UNC School of Education
- UNC School of Government
- UNC School of Information and Library Science
- UNC Hussman School of Journalism and Media
- UNC School of Law
- UNC School of Nursing
- UNC Eschelmen School of Pharmacy
- UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health
- UNC School of Social Work
- UNC Adams School of Dentistry
- UNC School of Medicine
- Student Affairs
- Office of Scholarships and Student Aid
- University Libraries
- UNC Research
- Facilities Services
- Human Resources (HR) and Equal Opportunity and Compliance (EOC)
- Information Technology Services
- UNC Police
- University Development Office
- Business Affairs
- Auxiliary Services and Internal Billing: