Departments can save time and money by taking advantage of the vendor contracts negotiated by UNC-Chapel Hill, consortiums, the UNC System Office and the State of North Carolina. Purchasing from these vendors reduces or eliminates the need for multiple bids (where applicable) and provides access to lower negotiated costs.
UNC-Chapel Hill Contracts
- BuyCarolina vendors
- University and related suppliers who use CBM or Bill Management for processing payments. See Purchase Requisitions Processing.
- Carolina Computing Initiative (CCI)
UNC System Office, Consortium and State of North Carolina Contracts
UNC-Chapel Hill purchasers have access to the contract agreements managed by the UNC System Office and the State of North Carolina.
You can use the lists below to determine whether a contract exists for your specific requirement.
- State of North Carolina Contracts
- State Department of Information Technology (DIT)
- UNC System Office Contracts
- State of North Carolina Debarred Vendors
Contact the appropriate Purchasing Category Managers for help identifying appropriate contract vendors.
- For purchases up to $5,000 payment via P-Card is recommended.
- For purchased greater than $5,000 create a requisition for a PO in ConnectCarolina. See Purchase Requisition Processing
University Contract Term Requirements
- Contract Term for goods may not exceed three (3) years including renewal and/or extension without approval of the State Procurement Officer (SPO).
- No contract may allow for more than 2 one-year renewals without prior approval of the SPO.
G.S. 143-53(d): The University of North Carolina may solicit bids for service contracts with a term of 10 years or less, including extensions and renewals, without the prior approval of the State Purchasing Officer.
Service Owned By: