Chartfields Matrix and Updates
Chartfields are the mechanism for categorizing and tracking all University financial transactions. A series of chartfields makes up a chartfield string, which is required on every transaction. A chartfield string answers several questions, including:
- Where is the money coming from?
- What is the general purpose for the funds?
- Who is spending the funds?
Understanding the chartfield structure helps you identify valid chartfield combinations for transactions. Incorrect chartfield values will result in processing delays and inaccurate data.
- Chartfield Structure Booklet
- Funds and Matching Source Ranges
- Chartfields Webinar: Finding Your Chartfield Codes in ConnectCarolina
- Chartfields 101 – Understanding ConnectCarolina Chartfields
- Approving Chartfield Value Requests
- Using the Chartfield Checker Tool
Service Owned By: