The University will reimburse travelers for reasonable and necessary expenses incurred in connection with approved business travel. For allowable expense limits, see Travel Allowances, Mileage and Per Diem Rates.
- All Faculty and Staff will submit for reimbursement via Concur Expense.
- Submit expense reports for internal departmental/unit approvals within 30 days of the last day of travel and respond promptly to requests for details and documentation.
- Itemized receipts are required for all expenses except meal per diems. See the Travel Guide for a list of receipts and records to submit for reimbursement.
How to Prepare Receipts/Documentation
- Redact or remove any sensitive or confidential information, including:
- Social Security Numbers or Medical Record Numbers
- Credit or debit card numbers (except the last four digits)
- Passwords, including access codes for financial institutions
- Bank account numbers, including numbers encoded on the bottom of checks
- Passport numbers
- Driver’s license numbers or other state identification card numbers
- Date of birth
- Ensure traveler’s name is shown on the lodging receipt (e.g., the hotel folio shows the registered guest who paid is the same person as the one being reimbursed).
- Submit a memo or justification explaining any unusual charges, change fees, upgrades, lost receipts, etc. to reduce the need for follow up questions.
- Concur Users: The Concur system will automatically convert out-of-pocket foreign currency expenses utilizing average daily rates from OANDA.
- Web Travel Users (Students and Guests, only): Convert currency amounts paid to U.S. dollars before entering the amounts into the system.
Service Owned By: