Payroll Services assists University employees by providing information, frequently-asked questions and forms to help with updating their payroll tax information. Employees can update their tax information through ConnectCarolina.
For information about UNC-Chapel Hill student tax records (1098T and 1098E), see the Cashier’s Office site.
Tax Information and Materials
- W-2 Frequently Asked Questions
- How to Access Online Employee Tax Forms (W-2, W-4 and NC-4)
- IRS Forms, Instructions and Publications
- NC-4 Form
- NC-4EZ Form
- NC-4 NRA Form
- FICA questions / FICA Safe Harbor Policy 1111 – Student Employee FICA Exemption
- Notify Payroll of employee working outside of NC, Notice of Employee Working Outside of North Carolina
- Exemption from Withholding on Compensation for Independent Personal Service of a Nonresident Alien (IRS Form 8233) Instructions
- Certificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner for United States Tax Withholding (IRS Form W-8BEN)
- Notice 1392, Supplemental Form W-4 Instructions for Nonresident Aliens
- Form PR100, Foreign National Check-in and Tax Assessment
Service Owned By: