Travel & Expense Card
The University Travel and Expense (T&E) Card is a card method of payment available to University employees through their departments, with appropriate approval from their department head or business manager. The T&E Card is the preferred method of payment for employees to use when traveling on official University business and for business-related entertainment expenses. The T&E Card is a Visa Card accepted anywhere a Visa can be used for allowable expenses. The T&E Card is different from other travel cards previously offered by the University: it is corporate paid and corporate liable, therefore no personal purchases may be made on the card.
Employees fill out an application for the card, receive approval from their department, and submit the application to the Travel Card Office. When the T&E Card is ready, the employee will pick up their card and must complete a mandatory training session before using the T&E Card. Once in use, the Accountholder is responsible for submitting all receipts for T&E Card purchases in Concur Expense.
Receipts should be submitted as soon as possible but no later than 30 days from the date of purchase or from the last day of travel. See Expense Reimbursements page for instructions on how to appropriately prepare receipts for submission.
- 1505.1 – University Procedure on Obtaining a Travel & Expense Card
- 1505.1.1f – T&E Card Application Form
Handbook and Training
- T&E Card Handbook
- T&E Card Training
- When to use your T&E Card versus the P-Card
- Paying for Traveler Expenses by Traveler Type
Policies and Procedures
- 1505 – Policy on Travel & Expense Card Program
- 1505.1 – Procedure on Obtaining a Travel & Expense Card
- 1505.2 – Procedure on Using a Travel & Expense Card
- 1505.3 – Procedure on Reconciling a Travel & Expense Card
- 1506 – Policy on Travel & Expense Card Infractions
Report T&E Card Abuse
Submit a report through the online form Anonymous Report of UNC-Chapel Hill Card Abuse.
Service Owned By: