This department reports to University Controller and Enterprise Financial Accounting.
The Financial Accounting unit is responsible for establishing, monitoring, and reporting for Institutional Trust Funds and Endowment Funds for university campus. Institutional Trust Funds and Endowment Funds include:
- Gift and Other Expendable Funds
- Auxiliary Funds, including housing operations, student health services, food services, parking services, facilities services, Athletics, recharge centers, and UNC Faculty Physicians (UNCFP) and Dental Faculty Practice.
- University Endowment Funds, including permanent endowments and quasi endowments.
- Agency Funds for University-affiliated organizations.
- Special Funds, Strategic Reserve Funds and other administrative funds.
Financial Accounting can help you with:
- Establishing, modifying and deactivating chartfield “Source” in PeopleSoft for Institutional Trust Funds and Endowment Funds (“Foundation and Investment Accounting” unit oversees Foundation sources).
- Establishing, modifying and deactivating GL accounts in PeopleSoft.
- New or changed business rules and procedures of Data Collect Batch (DCB) journals. Requesting or modifying DCB journal sources (3-charater field that defines origin of a journal) in PeopleSoft.
- Custom Campus Journal Module with built-in business rules in PeopleSoft.
- Campus journals, GL journal entries, subsystem journals, DCB journals and import journals.
- PeopleSoft allocations for Money Market (MMK), payroll allocations (Composite Benefits, Severance Pay, Core Data, and Campus Transit), UNC Faculty Physician fees, Accrual to Cash and final Facilities and Administrative (F&A) deferred revenue and revenue reclassification.
- Month-year and year-end closing of “Actuals” General Ledger (GL) activities, including checklist steps and subsystem reconciliation reports.
- Combo Edit errors of PeopleSoft transactions.
- “Actuals” General Ledger (GL) transactions.
- Trust Budget journals.
- Financial transactions related to departmental reorganizations. (See University Controller’s Office to establish departmental changes.)
Accounting Manager, Accounting Services
104 Airport Drive, Suite 3400
Campus Box 1210
- Department Email
- Department Phone
- Department Fax
CC Finance Update – May 9
The month of April is closed. The month of May is scheduled to close Wednesday, May 31 at 5 p.m. Remember to look at the 2023 Fiscal Year End Closing Dates and Procedures as we close the fiscal year. Payroll is now offering help requests through ServiceNow. Departmental Workflows are being changed to eliminate self-approvals: all transactions will require approval from another department prover than the person who has ordered. May GSHIP has been uploaded and end-of-year terminations are due.
Categories: ConnectCarolina and InfoPorte News
New and Improved Payroll Issues Help Request
We’re excited to announce that we’ve updated and improved the Payroll Issues help request in ServiceNow and plan to roll out the changes tomorrow evening, May 4. This service request form allows HR Representatives and Student Originators to request assistance from Payroll Services for issues with overpayments, underpayments, manual check requests and more
Categories: ConnectCarolina and InfoPorte News, Payroll News