The Accounting Services team can help you with:
Month-End Close Status
For the fiscal year 2017-2018, central offices have officially closed the above month. This includes the transmissions and reconciliation of all transactions, and state approval to close the month.
Month-End Accounting Deadline
By this deadline, Accounting Services should receive the following:
- Validated campus journal entries
- Data collect batches (journal imports)
Critical: journal imports with state funds must be submitted.
Valid entries received past deadline, including valid entries pending departmental approval or with error status, will be deleted from the system.
Accounting Services targets the fourth (and no later than the fifth) business day of the month for month-end close and submits data to the State. State funds data may be affected after the fifth business day. Final approval is announced regularly in ConnectCarolina Finance Updates and via the ConnectCarolina portal page. Final month-end close is announced after the State accepts the data and is certified by the Controller’s office.
Trust F&A and State Budget Transaction Guidelines:
- State: State fund budget transactions should be submitted to the Budget, Planning and Analysis Office one day prior to the end of the month to have sufficient time for posting in the month. Please be aware some State budget transactions do not route to Central Office for approval and posting: it will be up to you to monitor and see those approved and posted. With the closing of the month’s activity, budget transactions will be deleted on the first working day in the following month. An email will be sent to alert you of budget entries that have not posted.
- Trust: Trust budget transactions (journals/transfers) should be budget pre-checked, approved by department, and submitted to Accounting Services for approval one day prior to the end of the month. Please note that trust budget transactions not received by Accounting Services before month-end will be deleted by Accounting Services.
- F&A: Please be aware F&A budget transactions do not route to Central Office for approval and posting; it will be up to you to monitor and see that transactions have been approved and posted.
Helpful Hint: Budget pre-checking all budget transactions will catch errors and help Central Offices approve and post more efficiently.
- 102 – Disbursing Authority
- 106 – Gifts of Honoraria, Consulting Fees, or Licensing Income
- Section 300 – Cash, Deposits and Petty Cash
Training and Guides
- Bill Presentation
- Credit Card Merchant/PCI Data Security
- Customer Billing Management (CBM)
- GL Ledger Inquiry Procedures
- Institutional Trust Funds Guidelines
- Guidelines of Journal Entries in PeopleSoft
- Expense by Fund Type Grid
See also ConnectCarolina Info:
Campus Box 1210
104 Airport Drive, Suite 3400
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-1210