Financial Reporting and Management Services
This department reports to University Controller and Enterprise Financial Accounting.
Financial Reporting and Management Services provides current, comprehensive and accurate financial information to provide accountability and transparency to University, the people of North Carolina and beyond concerning its fiduciary resources. In addition to supplying the financial statements of the University, the department:
- Manages the 13th month process of converting cash basis reporting during the fiscal year to accrual basis for financial reporting of the fiscal year-end.
- Researches, interprets, and implements new Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) standards.
- Serves as a focal point for tax assistance, which includes researching tax issues, reviewing current practices, and developing operating and reporting procedures and policies.
- Contributes to The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Generates unrelated business income tax returns.
- Participates in the Delaware Study, a discipline-level, comparative analysis of faculty teaching loads, direct instructional costs, and separately budgeted scholarly activity.
Policies and Procedures
The University’s revenue sources vary, but nearly all have restrictions, while the University’s largest expense goes to salaries and benefits for its employees.
Categories: Reports News
This email is a reminder that we will be offering a web training for staff members who have access to the Procurement Low Dollar Spend Dashboard within Carolina Analytics Portal from 1-2 p.m. this Wednesday, January 27.