Purchasing Services provides supply management support to University departments, with responsibility for the procurement of goods and services in excess of $540 million annually. For purchases over $5,000 and equipment trades and transfers, see also eProcurement and Materials Management.
All goods and services should be purchased using one of the University’s procurement systems: eProcurement, University storerooms or directly from the vendor using a purchasing card, purchase order, campus voucher or requisition. The Purchasing Method Selection Tool (Onyen required) can help when deciding which purchasing method is most appropriate.
This department reports to Procurement and Strategic Operations.
Policies and Procedures
- Procurement 101: Required Documents
- Procurement 101: Top 20 Commodity Codes
- International Shipping Consignment Instructions
- Business Associate Agreement
- Data Protection Checklist for Campus Units
- Campus Voucher Guide
- State of North Carolina Contracts
- State of North Carolina Debarred Vendors
- UNC System Office Contracts
- Making Purchases in ConnectCarolina
- eProcurement and Materials Management
- Accounts Payable and Vendor Services
- Travel and Payment Card Services
- Becoming a Vendor with UNC
- Carolina Computing Initiative
- Meeting and Event Planning
- Purchase Requisitions Processing
- Supplier Engagement
- University Contracts
In order to streamline the process of requesting a waiver for competition and increase internal controls with our auditing processes, the Department of Purchasing Services has revised 1232.1.1f – Customer Request for a Brand/Specific Waiver of Competition to allow for space in the form to include the statement of justification. This will eliminate the need to submit a separate justification memo on department letterhead.
Categories: Purchasing News