Purchasing Services provides supply management support to University departments, with responsibility for the procurement of goods and services in excess of $540 million annually. For purchases over $5,000 and equipment trades and transfers, see also eProcurement and Materials Management.
All goods and services should be purchased using one of the University’s procurement systems: eProcurement, University storerooms or directly from the vendor using a purchasing card, purchase order, campus voucher or requisition. The Purchasing Method Selection Tool (Onyen required) can help when deciding which purchasing method is most appropriate.
This department reports to Procurement and Strategic Operations.
Policies and Procedures
- Procurement 101: Required Documents
- Procurement 101: Top 20 Commodity Codes
- International Shipping Consignment Instructions
- Business Associate Agreement
- Data Protection Checklist for Campus Units
- Campus Voucher Guide
- State of North Carolina Contracts
- State of North Carolina Debarred Vendors
- UNC System Office Contracts
- Making Purchases in ConnectCarolina
- eProcurement and Materials Management
- Accounts Payable and Vendor Services
- Travel and Payment Card Services
- Becoming a Vendor with UNC
- Carolina Computing Initiative
- Meeting and Event Planning
- Purchase Requisitions Processing
- Supplier Engagement
- University Contracts
We recognize that campus units are currently in extraordinary situations that may require a temporary change to purchasing processes. In order to facilitate approvals required in the COVID-19 Campus Procurement Guidelines released March 19, 2020, effective immediately, units must complete an approval form for all purchases greater than $50,000 and general procurement items which meet the criteria below.
In response to the large section of the workforce that has been forced to work from home due to COVID-19, Procurement Services has worked out an arrangement with a few vital campus vendors to provide equipment and supplies to home addresses. The extensive catalogs provided by these vendors should meet the majority of the home office needs for our campus community. While many prefer to utilize Amazon Business, Amazon is not capable of providing the ability to modify shipping addresses.