This department reports to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Finance and Budget.
The Department of Internal Controls cultivates a culture of strong financial control and compliance throughout the University by providing leadership, guidance, education and support tools, consultative services, business intelligence through monitoring and system testing through assessments. In addition, they perform walkthroughs and audit remedies for campus financial related processes.
Five Major Goals
- Promote Effectiveness and Efficiency of Operations
- Reliability of Financial Reporting
- Promote Awareness of, and Compliance with, Law, Regulations and Standards
- Safeguard Assets
- Accomplish Goals & Objectives of the University’s Financial Plan
- Annual Assessment of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting
- Annual Internal Controls Certification
- Sub-Certification and Annual Attestation
- Internal Control Evaluation and Recommendation Walkthrough – Partnering with the Office of Internal Audit
- Audit Remediation Guidance
- Internal Controls and Governance Committee
- AICFR Committee
- UNC Foreign Influence
Director of Internal Controls
104 Airport Drive, Suite 3100
Campus Box 1225
- Department Email
- Department Phone
- Department Fax
Only 21% of account holders reconcile their personal checking account. However, reconcilers are likely to encounter some time of reconciling item throughout the year. Are you keeping a clean audit trail?
Categories: Internal Controls News
A few cases of fraud attempts have been reported using fraudulent UNC Purchase Orders and forged signatures from employees of record at the university. In addition, we've had reports of supplier phishing requests. Please use diligence in protecting University resources.