This department reports to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Finance and Budget.
The Department of Internal Controls cultivates a culture of strong financial control and compliance throughout the University by providing leadership, guidance, education and support tools, consultative services, business intelligence through monitoring and system testing through assessments. In addition, they perform walkthroughs and audit remedies for campus financial related processes.
Five Major Goals
- Promote Effectiveness and Efficiency of Operations
- Reliability of Financial Reporting
- Promote Awareness of, and Compliance with, Law, Regulations and Standards
- Safeguard Assets
- Accomplish Goals & Objectives of the University’s Financial Plan
- Annual Assessment of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting
- Annual Internal Controls Certification
- Sub-Certification and Annual Attestation
- Internal Control Evaluation and Recommendation Walkthrough – Partnering with the Office of Internal Audit
- Audit Remediation Guidance
- Internal Controls and Governance Committee
- AICFR Committee
- UNC Foreign Influence
Director of Internal Controls
104 Airport Drive, Suite 3100
Campus Box 1225
- Department Email
- Department Phone
- Department Fax
It is important to be aware of the requirements surrounding the proper reporting of lost or stolen equipment, especially the specifics around computers and handheld devices.
Categories: Internal Controls News
Reconciliation is the process of comparing transactions and activity to supporting documentation to verify that funds have been used accordingly. In our system for cash advances, this also includes moving the advance off the cash advance account and onto the final expense account to show that the cash advance was utilized to pay for study subject participation.