Accounts Payable and Vendor Services
This department reports to Procurement and Strategic Operations.
The University of Chapel Hill conducts business with many domestic and foreign vendors, as well as Independent Contractors. Each has its own process of enrollment and policy, which must be adhered to when establishing these business relationships. Accounts Payable and Vendor Services manages all aspects of vendor invoicing, including:
- New Vendors. Establishes protocols of enrollment for both Foreign and Domestic vendors into the UNC-Chapel Hill payment system.
- Independent Contractors. Reviews and approves the enrollment of contractors who render services for the University.
- 1099 Misc. Tax Forms. Oversight and compliance for non-employees who receive payment from the University.
- Voucher Approvals and Payments. Reviews and approves all business entertainment and employee expenses to ensure State and Federal compliance. For information on filing employee’s expenses, see the Travel and Expenses website. In addition, we handle P.O. Vouchers (P.O.s), outside party vouchers, campus vouchers (including petty cash vouchers, independent contractor vouchers, cash advance vouchers and electronic funds transfers).
- 1099 Tax Forms
- Becoming a Vendor with UNC
- Business Entertainment
- Domestic Vendors
- Foreign Vendors
- Independent Contractor Management
- Payment Processing
- Stop/Reissue Payment Orders and Checks
- Wire Fund Transfers
The Transformation Award of Excellence is presented annually to a North Carolina state agency client that most significantly demonstrates innovation, growth, and/or creativity in their payment solutions.
The Cash Management and Accounts Payable teams have redesigned the 730.1.1f – International Wire Transfer Form and the 730.2.1f – Domestic Wire Transfer Form for better organization and more efficient entry into the wire systems. Please update your forms and bookmarks for future wire transfer requests.