Accounts Payable and Vendor Services
This department reports to Procurement and Strategic Operations.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill conducts business with many domestic and foreign vendors, as well as Independent Contractors. Each has its own process of enrollment and policy, which must be adhered to when establishing these business relationships. Accounts Payable and Vendor Services manages all aspects of vendor invoicing, including:
- New Vendors. Establishes protocols of enrollment for both Foreign and Domestic vendors into the UNC-Chapel Hill payment system.
- Independent Contractors. Reviews and approves the enrollment of contractors who render services for the University.
- 1099 Misc. Tax Forms. Oversight and compliance for non-employees who receive payment from the University.
- Voucher Approvals and Payments. Reviews and approves all business entertainment and employee expenses to ensure State and Federal compliance. For information on filing employee’s expenses, see the Travel and Expenses website. In addition, we handle P.O. Vouchers (P.O.s), outside party vouchers, campus vouchers (including petty cash vouchers, independent contractor vouchers, cash advance vouchers and electronic funds transfers).
- 1099 Tax Forms
- Becoming a Vendor with UNC
- Business Entertainment
- Domestic Vendors
- Foreign Vendors
- Independent Contractor Management
- Payment Processing
- Stop/Reissue Payment Orders and Checks
- Wire Fund Transfers
Effective Monday Oct. 17, the Accounts Payable, Travel Services and Payment Card offices are returning to Suite 3500 on the third floor of the Administrative Office Building. The Administrative Office Building is located at 104 Airport Dr.
Memo directs how to charge accounts for temporary contract workers using both P-Card and Voucher, notes and account deactivation.