Budget, Planning and Analysis
This department reports to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Finance and Budget.
The Budget Planning and Analysis Office supports the University in informed decision making through financial analysis, budget planning, execution and control. It serves as a liaison between campus, University leadership and external financial organizations such as The University of North Carolina System, North Carolina Office of State Budget and Management and the North Carolina General Assembly Fiscal Research Division. This office performs all ongoing functional responsibilities including budget oversight and reporting on state funds in compliance with all state regulations and requirements.
- Budget oversight for state funds (receipts and appropriations) of more than $1 billion in three state budget codes including Academic Affairs, Health Affairs and AHEC.
- Formula allocation and budget oversight for facilities and administrative costs of approximately $180 million.
- Contact point for campus finance leadership and University leadership, as well as OSBM and the UNC System Office for University-wide budget and fiscal research analysis and questions.
- Position control oversight including processing over 50,000 personnel budget actions in support of campus-wide staffing.
Policies and Procedures
UNC Budget Partners
- Accounting Services
- Capital Planning and Budgeting
- Office of Institutional Research and Assessment
- Provost’s Office
- Treasury Services
The purpose of this memorandum is to provide campus information on the June 2020 payout distribution to University and UNC-Chapel Hill Foundation Inc. endowments.