To: University Business Managers, Campus Unit Finance Leads
From: Rebecca Spanos, Travel Services and Payment Card Services Manager
In support of this week’s launch of the Concur Travel System, Travel Services has taken the opportunity to update and streamline the University’s Travel Policies. All former policies are now placed under a single umbrella, 1501- Policy on Business Travel. Content from former business travel policies and procedures are now in the 1501 category.
Content changes are largely in support of the new processes of our Concur platform and are intended to organize the existing policies more efficiently. Policy 1501 and the accompanying procedures have also been updated to reflect the Travel Mandate policies communicated on Jul, 27, 2021.
As of August 2, 2021, the travel policy items available in the University Electronic Policy Repository are as follows:
- 1501 – Policy on Business Travel
- 1501.1 – Procedure on Pre-Travel Authorization
- 1502.1 – Procedure on Travel Advances
- 1503.1 – Procedure on Air Travel
- 1504.1 – Procedure on Ground Transportation Expenses Including Mileage Rates
- 1505.1 – Procedure on Per Diem Rates
- 1506.1 – Procedure on Lodging Accommodations
- 1507.1 – Procedure on Travel Expenses and Reimbursements
Please note that the following policies/procedures are now retired:
- 1502 – Policy on Allowable Travel Expenses, Lodging and Per Diem Rates
- 1502.1 – Procedure on Excess Lodging Justification, Third-Party Lodging, and Group Travel
- 1503 – Policy on Travel Advances and Reimbursements
- 1503.1 – Procedure for Travel Advances and Reimbursements
- 1504 – Policy on Transportation Expenses Including Mileage Rates
- 1504.1 – Procedure for Multi-Day Trips
Because of the Concur system, many of our previous forms will no longer be needed or have been renamed to fit under the correct procedure.
Please note that:
- 1501.6.1f – Non-Hotel Lodging Authorization Request was formerly numbered 1502.1.2f, and
- 1501.6.2f – Group Travel Request Form was formerly numbered 1502.1.3f.
And the following forms have been retired:
- 1502.1.1f – Excess Lodging Justification
- 1503.1.1f – Senior University Administrator Travel and Reimbursement Authorization
- 1503.1.2f – Student Non-Employee Travel Agreement
The Policy and Procedure for the Travel & Expense Card Program remain the same:
- 1505 – Policy on Travel & Expense Card Program
- 1505.1 – Procedure for Obtaining a Travel & Expense Card
- 1505.2 – Procedure for Using a Travel & Expense Card
- 1505.3 – Procedure for Reconciling a Travel & Expense Card
- 1506 – Policy on Travel & Expense Card Infractions
These revisions have been made in both the Ethics & Policy Team Dynamix site as well as on our Travel Team site for your references. In addition, a Forms Library is available on the Finance website for easy access to forms. Please update your bookmarks.
If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com.