To: TIM Administrators
From: TIM Support
Date: December 18, 2017
SHRA Biweekly 12 (11/27 – 12/10) Sign Off Deadline
- The biweekly sign off deadline for Biweekly 12 has not changed.
- Biweekly 12 (11/27 – 12/10) must be signed off by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, December 12. Sign off removal requests must be received by 4:00 p.m. No removal requests will be processed after 4:00 p.m.
SHRA Biweekly 13 (12/11 – 12/24) Sign Off Deadline
- The biweekly sign off deadline for Biweekly 13 has not changed. A few changes to the pay period close process are listed below.
- All Biweekly 13 (12/11 – 12/24) timecards must be ready for sign off by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, December 26. Because of the University Holidays, Payroll will sign off all biweekly timecards at 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, December 26.
- We recommend that Biweekly 13 (12/11 – 12/24) timecards have been completed by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, December 22 if possible.
- Please note that sign off removal requests will not be processed, and TIM Support will be limited on Monday 12/25 and Tuesday 12/26 due to the University Holidays. We recommend that you do not apply sign off unless you determine it is necessary.
Items to Note
- To process payroll timely, the sign off deadline will be strictly enforced. Payroll must sign off all timecards at 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, December 26th.
- Employee and manager deadlines may need to be modified due to the University Holidays. This is determined by Department management and should be communicated to your employees and managers in advance.
SHRA Biweekly 14 (12/25 – 1/7) Sign Off Deadline
- The biweekly sign off deadline for Biweekly 14 has not changed. Information about the upcoming holidays is listed below.
- Biweekly 14 (12/25 – 1/7) must be signed off by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January 9, 2018. Sign off removal requests must be received by 4:00 p.m. that day.
- The following Holidays happen in Biweekly 14 (12/25 – 1/7): Winter Break, Dec. 25, 26, New Year’s Eve, Dec. 31, and New Year’s Day, Jan. 1.
- The University Closed Day is Thursday, December 28. Employees must use leave to be paid for Dec. 28 — this can be vacation leave, bonus leave, or accrued compensatory time.
- Holidays do not always appear in future pay periods. They will appear when the Holiday is in the current week. Please note that since it is a new calendar year, 2018 Holidays may not appear in TIM until Tuesday, January 2, 2018.
- Holiday hours appear automatically in TIM for SHRA employees with 50%, 75%, 80%, and 100% FTE. For SHRA part time permanent employees whose FTE percentage is not equal to 50%, 75% or 80%, TIM Administrators must enter the Holiday pay code and the pro-rated amount of holiday hours on the holiday in the timecard.
- If an employee is not eligible to receive holiday hours, insert a row on the day with the holiday and select the “Holiday” pay code and a negative number of hours in the timecard.
- Hours worked on a Holiday will automatically appear as Regular or Overtime. If the hours worked on the Holiday were required, the TIM Administrator or Manager will add a row and enter the ‘Holiday Premium’ pay code and the number of hours worked on the holiday. The times in and out worked should not be removed. The hours worked and Holiday Premium hours should both appear on the Holiday worked in the timecard.
EHRA December Termination Payout Deadline
- For EHRA terminations occurring between December 1 and December 31, leave payouts must be entered in TIM by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, December 11, 2017.
Items to Note
- December EHRA termination payouts must be entered on December dates in the timecard.
- Timecard entries made after 5 p.m. on December 11th will not be extracted to Payroll.
- For EHRA Non-Faculty employees transferring into another EHRA Non-Faculty position in a different department, leave payouts should be entered in TIM. To ensure leave payout hours are paid from the terminating department, indicate that information on a Payroll Exception Sheet.
- Terminating EHRA Non-Faculty employees that have an active EHRA Faculty position in ConnectCarolina (even if they are on a zero base rate) or are transferring into a SHRA Temporary or Student position, will need to have a Payroll Exception Sheet submitted instead.
- For terminated EHRA employees only, if leave payouts are not entered in TIM by the deadline (12/11/17), the leave payouts may be entered on the first day of the following month (1/1/18). Those entries will be sent to payroll in January. Entries made in the timecard on dates in December after the deadline (12/11/17) will not be extracted.
EHRA November Timecard Sign Off
- EHRA November timecards must be signed off by the usual deadline of 5:00 p.m. on the 15th of the month, 5:00 p.m. on Friday, December 15, 2017.