This Finance Division Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, ConnectCarolina Finance Liaisons, Finance Council, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division. We will send updates weekly and as needed.
- NEW! Updates to Wire Transfer Forms: The Outgoing Foreign Wire Transfer in Foreign Currency Form and the Outgoing Domestic Wire Transfer Form have been updated to allow users to include a Program chartfield. Please contact Accounting Services at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- NEW! PAAT is Live: The Payroll Accounting Adjustment Tool (PAAT) was released Oct. 28 to replace the Short Term Retro tool used since last spring. View the related web page, recorded webinar, and user guide for more information.
- NEW! HR/Payroll Outage on Sunday: There will be an outage of ConnectCarolina for HR/Payroll that will begin at midnight Saturday night, run throughout the day on Sunday, and end at midnight Sunday night. This will not affect Finance or Campus Solutions. During the outage, these self-service functions will be unavailable: View Paycheck; Training Enrollment; Cancel Course Enrollment; Training Summary.
- NEW! Duplicate paystub notification: Today, duplicate paystub notifications were sent to employees paid monthly and bi-weekly. There was no impact on any actual payroll payment. The duplication of the paystub notice was caused by an automated system which failed to start, and prompted staff in two administrative departments to send the paystub notifications manually. We apologize for any confusion this caused.
- NEW! Dates Pushed Out for Many Legacy Systems: Based on input from those still using the historic systems, the ConnectCarolina team is working to make additional historic information available (such as the notes on budget transactions). It’s taking longer than expected, so the dates for turning off some historic systems have been pushed back. Check the legacy systems page on the ccinfo.unc.edu website for the new target dates.
- September Month-End Close: Central offices have officially closed the month of September. This includes the transmission and reconciliation of all September transactions, and state approval to close the month.
- Commitment Accounting Lockouts: As communicated Oct. 21, due to the cutover activity in preparation for Payroll Accounting Adjustment Tool (PAAT) implementation, there is a new Commitment Accounting lockout schedule for Oct. 22 – Nov. 2. This schedule replaces previously communicated lockout schedules. As a reminder, during a “CA lockout,” no new ePARs can be originated or approved, and the link to the ePAR Home Page will be unavailable for both Finance and HR users. The remaining lockout is Monday, Nov 2 – 7 p.m. until 8 p.m.
- October Month-End Close Deadline: Validated campus journal entries and data collect batches (journal imports) should be received by Accounting Services by close of business Friday, Oct. 30. It is critical that journal imports with state funds are submitted on or before this date.
Important Reminders and Resources
- Current Issues List: Check out the frequently updated list of Current Issues Being Worked. This list, in the Issues/Fixes section of ccinfo.unc.edu, contains current system issues raised via help tickets and/or testing. For most of these, investigations into the causes and fixes are still taking place, but it can be used as a resource for users to know that the project team is aware of and working on specific system issues.
- Reporting Requests In The Works: You asked for it — a tool to see what reports campus has requested. The list of campus-facing requested reports can now be found on this page. To find the list, go to ccinfo.unc.edu > Reporting > In The Works.
Users should utilize the Business Systems Help Desk when they are unsure who to contact for issue resolution. This is the fastest way to obtain assistance and allows the project team to be able to track issues to determine the scale of the impact to all users.
Users can reach the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP or via a remedy ticket submitted online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern).
Suggestions for content can be emailed to email@example.com.