This Finance Division Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, ConnectCarolina Finance Liaisons, Finance Council, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division.
- NEW! October Month-End Close Deadline: Validated campus journal entries and data collect batches (journal imports) should be received by Accounting Services by close of business Friday, Oct. 30. It is critical that journal imports with state funds are submitted on or before this date.
- REMINDER! Upcoming Release of the Payroll Accounting Adjustment Tool (PAAT): PAAT will be released in late October to replace the Short Term Retro tool used since last spring. Find out more about upcoming deadlines for actions in this tool and the timeline for the release of PAAT.
Remember that Oct. 19 is the deadline to submit all actions, including approvals, for the short term retro tool. There will be an outage period of Oct. 20-27 when users cannot enter any retro actions. View the related web page or the related memo.
- NEW! Web Travel/P-Card Access: A memo was sent today to MOU Financial Leads and Access Request Coordinators (ARCs) about changes to Web Travel and P-Card access. The InfoPorte Access Request Tool and the Finance System Access Form have been updated accordingly.
- REMINDER! Manual Checks: Information about a new manual check procedure and the accompanying form was sent to campus users earlier today. The purpose of the creating manual checks is to (1) generate an omitted payment for a newly hired employee or (2) to correct a payment for an employee who did not receive a correct payment
- NEW! Extended System Outage: There will be an outage of all ConnectCarolina applications (Finance, HR/Payroll, Student Admin) plus most other related applications (including CBM/Bill Presentation, Web Travel, P-Card, and ImageNow) and PID services on Sun., Oct. 11, 1 p.m. to midnight. Note the extended hours.
Important Reminders and Resources
- Reporting Requests In The Works: Several groups have asked for a tool to see what reports campus has requested. The list of campus-facing requested reports can now be found on this page. To find the list, go to ccinfo.unc.edu > Reporting > In The Works.
- Update on Legacy Systems: A timetable for legacy system transitions and decommissioning has been published here. This table will be updated as new information comes available.
Users should utilize the Business Systems Help Desk when they are unsure who to contact for issue resolution. This is the fastest way to obtain assistance and allows the project team to be able to track issues to determine the scale of the impact to all users.
Users can reach the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP or via a remedy ticket submitted online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern).
Suggestions for content can be emailed to email@example.com.