This Finance Division Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, ConnectCarolina Finance Liaisons, Finance Council, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division. We will send updates weekly and as needed.
- NEW! August Month-End Close: Central offices have officially closed the month of August. This includes the transmission and reconciliation of all August transactions, and state approval to close the month.
- NEW! Reporting Requests In The Works: Several groups have asked for a tool to see what reports campus has requested. The list of campus-facing requested reports can now be found on this page. To find the list, go to ccinfo.unc.edu > Reporting > In The Works.
- NEW! Bill Presentation CBT: A new computer-based training, Using the Bill Presentation System, is now available and can be found at ccinfo.unc.edu > Training > Computer-based Training. Bill Presentation is the companion application for Customer Billing Management (CBM). The Bill Presentation CBT can be found in the Making Payments section after logging into the CBT registration system. This self-paced course describes how billing areas use Bill Presentation to charge campus customers. It also covers how to use search parameters to run reports, how to understand and work with reports and how to view contact information for each billing area.
- Current Issues List: In response to campus user requests, the Issues/Fixes section of ccinfo.unc.edu, Current Issues Being Worked, has been revamped. This list contains current system issues raised via help tickets and/or testing. For most of these, investigations into the causes and fixes are still taking place, but it can be used as a resource for users to know that the project team is aware of and working on specific system issues.
- September Month-End Close Deadline: Validated campus journal entries and data collect batches (journal imports) should be received by Accounting Services by close of business Wednesday, Sept. 30. It is critical that Journal imports with state funds are submitted on or before this date.
Important Reminders and Resources
- NEW! New Infographic on Data Alerts in InfoPorte: An updated Reporting in InfoPorte quick reference now includes an infographic explaining the red and green data alerts in InfoPorte. It also describes the different Twitter notifications. Look for the infographic on the back page
- VPN Secondary Password Changing Sept. 30: Do you access ConnectCarolina from off-campus using VPN? On Sept. 30 at 8 a.m., the secondary password for campus users who use the UNCCampus VPN group will be changed. Find the new password and VPN instructions at https://help.unc.edu/help/vpn-installation-and-clients/ . If you use a different VPN group (your school or division’s VPN, for example), this does not apply. Please check with your IT Support person for more information.
- Update on Legacy Systems: A timetable for legacy system transitions and decommissioning has been published here. This table will be updated as new information comes available.
- ConnectCarolina User Conference Registration Now Open: The User Conference, scheduled for Oct. 21, is a free, one-day event that provides an opportunity for users to learn how to get the most out of ConnectCarolina and InfoPorte. Visit the User Conference page to sign up.
Users should utilize the Business Systems Help Desk when they are unsure who to contact for issue resolution. This is the fastest way to obtain assistance and allows the project team to be able to track issues to determine the scale of the impact to all users.
Users can reach the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP or via a remedy ticket submitted online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern).
Functional or business process questions – plus any tips you have to offer – can be added to the ConnectCarolina user discussion forums.
Suggestions for content can be emailed to email@example.com.