To: TIM Administrators
From: TIM Support
Date: August 28, 2015
SPA Sign-Off Deadline Reminder for Biweekly 05 (8/24–9/6)
The biweekly payroll close schedule for Biweekly 05 (8/24–9/6) has not been changed.
- Biweekly 05 (8/24-9/6) must be signed off by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 8. Sign-off removal requests must be received by 4 p.m. that day.
Items to Note:
- Due to the Labor Day Holiday on Monday, Sept. 7, employee and manager deadlines may need to be modified. This is determined by Department management and should be communicated to your employees and managers in advance.
- In order to process payroll timely, the sign-off deadline will be strictly enforced. Payroll will sign off timecards that have not been signed off by the deadline.
September EPA Termination Payout Deadline
For EPA terminations occurring between Sept. 1-30, leave payouts must be entered in TIM by 5 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 21, 2015.
- EPA terminations that will be effective in the current month must be entered in TIM by the published deadline and they must be entered on September dates in the timecard.
- September timecard entries made in TIM after 5 p.m. on Sept. 21 will not be extracted to Payroll.
- For EPA Non-Faculty employees transferring into another EPA Non-Faculty position in a different department, leave payouts should be entered in TIM. To ensure leave payout hours are paid from the terminating department, indicate that information on a Payroll Exception Sheet.
- Terminating EPA Non-Faculty employees that have an active EPA Faculty position in ConnectCarolina (even if they are on a zero base rate) or are transferring into a SPA Temporary or Student position, will need to have a Payroll Exception Sheet submitted instead.
Upcoming TIM Administrator Training
- Class for New TIM Administrators – The document “New TIM Administrator Class” has information about the upcoming TIM Administrator Training Class for new TIM Administrators. It will be held from 1-4:30 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 10, 2015. This class is mandatory for new TIM Administrators. The link to the training registration website is provided in the above document.
- Advanced Workshop for TIM Administrators – The document “TIM Administrator Advanced Workshop” has information about the upcoming TIM Administrator Advanced Workshop. The workshop will be held from 1-4:30 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 17, 2015. Please note that this course has prerequisites for attendance. Attendees must have completed the New TIM Administrator Training Class and have been serving as a TIM Administrator for at least two months. The link to the training registration website is provided in the above document.