This Finance Division Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, ConnectCarolina Finance Liaisons, Finance Council, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division. We will send updates weekly and as needed.
- NEW! July Month-End Close: Central offices have officially closed the month of July. This includes the transmission and reconciliation of all June transactions, and state approval to close the month.
- REMEMBER! August Month-End Close Deadline: Validated campus journal entries should be received by Accounting Services by close of business Friday, Aug. 28, and data collect batches (journal imports) should be received by Accounting Services by close of business Monday, Aug. 31. It is critical that Journal imports with state funds are submitted on or before Monday, Aug. 31.
- NEW! CBM Updates:
- Default Accounts: On the 22nd of the month, beginning Aug. 22, 2015, we will begin using a department’s default chartfield string in place of their original chartfield string if the original one fails due to a validation or budget error when trying to process the various types of billing transactions into ConnectCarolina. As a reminder, please review the July memo related to default chartfield strings and the start of the new fiscal year was sent to campus users. The memo discusses reviewing the departmental default chartfield string for accuracy and appropriateness when using them for meals and amenities.
- Split via Dollar Amounts: In addition to percentage split of charges in CBM you can now also split via dollar amount. Once you click “add allocation row”, there will be a check box to choose $amount split. Please see updated training document at https://finance.unc.edu/services/training/.
- NEW! Bill Presentation: A new feature is coming soon to the Bill Presentation application! If a default chartfield string is used in place of the original chartfield string, there will be an indicator in Bill Presentation beside the affected transaction to let the user know that the chartfield string was changed. If a department elects to export the transactions to Excel, the original chartfield string and the corresponding error message will be displayed along with the default chartfield string that was used when posting the transaction in ConnectCarolina. Details will be communicated soon.
- NEW! Update on Turning Off Legacy Systems: A timetable for legacy system transitions and decommissioning has been published here. This table will be updated as new information comes available.
- NEW! Save the Date! ConnectCarolina User Conference Scheduled for Oct. 21: The User Conference is a free, one-day event that provides an opportunity for users to learn how to get the most out of ConnectCarolina and InfoPorte. Go to the User Conference page to sign up for a reminder when conference registration opens. Fill out a quick survey to tell us the topics would you like to see covered.
- NEW! July Activities Update Video: The ConnectCarolina/InfoPorte team and the Finance and HR/Payroll business owners continue to work hard to address problems and make improvements. Please take a few minutes to watch this video on July 2015 activities in ConnectCarolina and InfoPorte.
- NEW! System Outages: Two outages are scheduled to occur soon. On Saturday, Aug. 29, beginning at 5 a.m. and ending at approximately 12 noon; and on Tues., Sept. 1, beginning at 5 p.m. and ending at approximately 12 midnight. The Finance component is NOT affected by this outage. Check out the following link for more details: http://ccinfo.unc.edu/system-status/.
Important Reminders and Resources
- New Process to Request Reports: There is a new form and some new options for requesting new reports! Use this New Report Information Request Form and follow this process, which is outlined in printable PDF format.
Users should utilize the Business Systems Help Desk when they are unsure who to contact for issue resolution. This is the fastest way to obtain assistance and allows the project team to be able to track issues to determine the scale of the impact to all users.
Users can reach the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP or via a remedy ticket submitted online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern).
Functional or business process questions – plus any tips you have to offer – can be added to the ConnectCarolina user discussion forums.
Suggestions for content can be emailed to email@example.com.