To: TIM Administrators
From: TIM Support
Date: December 11, 2014
Calendar Year End Information
The “Calendar Year End Information” document should be read first. It provides important information about the following Calendar Year End items:
- Negative Vacation and Sick Balances
- Calendar Year End Sign Off Deadlines
- Vacation Rollover
The “Using the Accrual Reporting Period Genie” and “Negative Year End Leave Instructions” documents will assist with identifying and processing negative Vacation and Sick balances in TIM at calendar year end. Also, a new “Accrual Reporting Period Genie” snippet has been posted online for your use.
Finally, the “Manual Carry Over Leave Balance Adjustment” document provides instructions for manually processing the Vacation Rollover for SPA permanent employees whose FTE percentage is not equal to 50%, 75%, 80%, or 100% on Jan. 1, 2015.
As mentioned in the “Calendar Year End Information” document, please note that the EPA sign-off deadline for December timecards has been moved up to 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 21.
- Holidays do not always appear in future pay periods. They will appear when the Holiday is in the current week. 2015 Holidays will not appear in TIM until Jan. 2, 2015.
- Hours worked on a Holiday will automatically appear as Regular or Overtime, instead of being assigned to the Holiday Pending Approval pay code. If the hours worked on the Holiday were required, the TIM Administrator or Manager will insert a row and enter the “Holiday Premium” pay code and the amount of hours worked on the holiday.
- Holiday hours appear automatically in TIM for SPA employees with 50%, 75%, 80%, and 100% FTE. For SPA part time permanent employees whose FTE percentage is not equal to 50%, 75% or 80%, TIM Administrators must enter the Holiday pay code and the pro-rated amount of holiday hours on each holiday in the timecard.
- If an employee is not eligible to receive a holiday, insert a row on the day with the holiday and enter the “Holiday Forfeit” pay code and a negative amount of hours in the timecard.