To: TIM Administrators
From: TIM Support
Date: December 9, 2014
SPA Biweekly 12 (12/1–12/14) Sign Off Deadline Reminder
The biweekly payroll close schedule for Biweekly 12 has been changed. The early sign off deadline is because of the early pay day for SPA &EPA employees on Tuesday, Dec. 23.
- Biweekly 12 (12/1–12/14) will be signed off by Payroll at 12:01 a.m. on Monday, Dec. 15.
- This means that you will not be able to edit timecards after 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 14.
- You will not have the opportunity to sign off Biweekly 12 timecards and once applied, sign off cannot be removed. If needed, you will need to enter historical edits in Biweekly 13.
EPA Termination Payouts in December Reminder
- EPA termination payout entries in TIM for terminations occurring between December 1st and December 31st must be entered in TIM by 5 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 15.
Ensuring Timely Payment Reminders
- To ensure timely payment, you must hire employees successfully in the HR System within the pay period in which they start work. We cannot guarantee timely payment to employees hired in the HR system after the biweekly pay period has ended. You will likely need to enter REG ADJ historical edits in the current pay period in TIM for those employees.
- The effective date of a new hire action in the HR System must be the first date the employee can have hours worked applied to the new position in their timecard in TIM. Hours worked entered on dates before the effective date will not be assigned to the new position in the timecard, which is why the effective date in ConnectCarolina must reflect the first date the employee can have hours worked in TIM.
- When making a transfer to a secondary position in the timecard, Managers or TIM Administrators must select the correct secondary position number that is assigned to that particular employee in the HR System. When making a transfer, all of the positions that are assigned to that Manager or TIM Administrator are listed in TIM, so they must be careful to select the correct position number to ensure payment.
- Termination payouts must be processed in the pay period in which the employee is terminated. After the timecard has been signed off, you will NOT be able to process accrual payouts or removals in TIM.
- EPA termination payouts for the current month must be entered in TIM by the published deadline. Please refer to the Holiday TIM Payroll Close Schedules document sent to TIM Administrators previously for upcoming deadlines.
New TIM Administrator Training
- Please review “New TIM Administrator Class” for information about the upcoming TIM Administrator Training Class for new TIM Administrators. It will be held from 1-4:30 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 18, 2014. This class is mandatory for new TIM Administrators. The link to the training registration website is provided in the document.