To: TIM Administrators
From: TIM Support
Date: November 14, 2014
Early Deadlines Reminder
Biweekly 10 (11/3 – 11/16) Sign-Off Deadline:
- Biweekly 10 must be signed off by 5 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 17. Sign-off removal requests must be received by 4 p.m. that day.
- Payroll will sign off any timecards that have not been signed off by the deadline.
November EPA Termination Payouts Deadline:
- For EPA terminations occurring between Nov. 1-30, leave payouts must be entered in TIM by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 18.
Ensuring Timely Payment
Please review the document “Ensuring Timely Payment” for detailed information about how to make sure your employees are paid timely.
In particular, please note the following:
- To ensure timely payment, you must hire employees successfully in the HR System within the pay period in which they start work. We cannot guarantee timely payment to employees hired in the HR system after the biweekly pay period has ended. You will likely need to enter REG ADJ historical edits in the current pay period in TIM for those employees.
- The effective date of a new hire action in the HR System must be the first date the employee can have hours worked applied to the new position in their timecard in TIM. Hours worked entered on dates before the effective date will not be assigned to the new position in the timecard, which is why the effective date in ConnectCarolina must reflect the first date the employee can have hours worked in TIM.
- Managers or TIM Administrators must select the correct secondary position number that is assigned to that particular employee in the HR System when making a transfer to a secondary position in the timecard. When making a transfer, all of the positions that are assigned to that Manager or TIM Administrator are listed in TIM, so they must be careful to select the correct position number to ensure payment.
- Termination payouts must be processed in the pay period in which the employee is terminated. After the timecard has been signed off, you will NOT be able to process accrual payouts or removals in TIM.
- EPA employee termination payouts for the current month must be entered in TIM by the published deadline. Please refer to the Holiday TIM Payroll Close Schedules document sent to TIM Administrators previously for upcoming deadlines.