Purchasing Services provides supply management support to University departments, with responsibility for the procurement of goods and services in excess of $350 million annually. For purchases over $5000 and equipment trades and transfers, see also eProcurement and Materials Management.
How to Purchase at UNC-Chapel Hill
Goods and Services can be purchased using one of the following methods:
All goods and services are to be procured using the University’s procurement systems: eProcurement, University Storeroom, or directly from the vendor using a Campus Voucher, Purchasing Card or a Requisition. For complete information on all university’s purchasing methods, see Policy 1218.
For the Purchase of Goods and Services Less Than $5,000
- eProcurement (ePro) (preferred method)
- Quick Reference Card: Using a P-Card with MyPanera Account
- Carolina Computing Initiative
- Campus Voucher
- Purchase Requisition
For items from Airgas National Welders (dry ice orders) or gas fleet cards, see Logistics.
- Full list of ePro Vendors.
- Surplus Warehouse
- NC Debarred Vendors
- 705.1 – Notifying Vendors of the University’s Tax Exempt Status
For creating vendors, see Policies 1211 through 1218 for vendor management guidelines and procedures.
For more information on vendor relations, see Disbursement Services’ Vendor Management page.
For information on University Storerooms, see Logistics.
Go To…Purchasing Category Managers
Purchasing Decision Tree (requires Login)
- 700 – Liabilities/Payables (List of Forms)
- 705.1.1f – Tax Exemption Letter to UNC-CH Business Partner
- 1200 – Expenses (List of Forms)
- 1214.1.1f – Agreement for Evaluation of Equipment
- 1232.1.1f – Customer Request for a Brand/Vendor-Specific Waiver of Competition
- Business Associate Agreement
- Data Access Questionnaire Form
- International Shipping Consignment
- Vendor Masterfile Record Data Form
Campus Box 1100
104 Airport Drive, Suite 2700
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-1100