Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division. Updates are sent on an as-needed basis.
- NEW! April month-end close deadline: Validated campus journal entries and data collect batches (journal imports) should be received by Accounting Services by close of business Tuesday, April 29. It is critical that journal imports with state funds are submitted on or before this date.
- NEW! Customer Billing Management (CBM) enhancements:
- Users can now view source documents from The Carolina Inn in CBM.
- Summary Journal Entry files can now be submitted through CBM allowing for a roll up total of the same charges to the same chartfield string.
- There is also a new Message Center that will include the latest news about CBM or other important information from the various billing groups.
- We will now be using default chartfield strings for all Facilities Services and University Mail Services billings whenever the original chartfield string is not valid or has budget issues that prevent Facilities and/or Mail Services from using the originally-provided chartfield string.
- NEW! Bill Presentation update: Users now have the ability to view the source documentation from various billing groups such as Facilities Services and University Mail Services charges.
- NEW! Fiscal Year-End preparation: It’s time to start thinking about fiscal year end. A new 2016 version of the FYE webpage is online now, and is being added to as information is available. Like last year, the FYE webpage will include a task checklist and memo archives. Check out the newest info posted:
- A quick reference containing checklists on processing requisitions and processing vouchers for month-end and year-end.
- Additional sessions of the hands-on course, Queries for Cleaning up Transactions, explains how to run queries in ConnectCarolina to identify “in-flight” transactions that need attention before month-end close. If you haven’t taken this course or would like a refresher, check the calendar for upcoming courses and to sign up.
- The online Quick Reference Guide to Financial Reporting is a great way to find queries to check transactions in preparation for fiscal year end. It’s an online catalog of available reports and where to find them (menu path) for both InfoPorte and PS Query reporting tools, descriptions of the information each report contains, what the report helps you do, and available training on using the report.
Important Reminders and Resources
- Current Issues List: Check out the frequently updated list of Current Issues Being Worked. This list, in the Issues/Fixes section of ccinfo.unc.edu, contains current system issues raised via help tickets and/or testing. For most of these, investigations into the causes and fixes are still taking place, but it can be used as a resource for users to know that the project team is aware of and working on specific system issues.
Users should utilize the Business Systems Help Desk when they are unsure who to contact for issue resolution. This is the fastest way to obtain assistance and allows the project team to be able to track issues to determine the scale of the impact to all users. Users can reach the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP or via a remedy ticket submitted online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern).
Suggestions for content can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.