Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division. Updates will be sent on an as-needed basis.
- NEW! February month-end close: Central offices have officially closed the month of February. This includes the transmission and reconciliation of all February transactions, and state approval to close the month.
- REMINDER! March month-end close deadline: Validated campus journal entries and data collect batches (journal imports) should be received by Accounting Services by close of business Wednesday, March 30. It is critical that journal imports with state funds are submitted on or before this date.
- NEW! Student Activities Fund Office (SAFO) funding tip: SAFO is a vendor in the University system, and is assigned vendor number 0000034469. To issue funds from a permissible source, departments should create a voucher in ConnectCarolina and make the invoice number of the voucher the SAFO organization’s abbreviated name and the SAFO organization’s account number you wish to fund. This will expedite the application of funds transferred from the University to the group’s SAFO account.If you have further questions please contact Student Affairs: Audra Slavin at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lisa Bonsor at email@example.com.
- NEW! Beware phishing emails: There are several phishing emails being sent to UNC-Chapel Hill employees and students, including those that appear to be from the HelpDesk and ConnectCarolina. None of these are legitimate. DO NOT click on any link in these emails. Please forward these emails to firstname.lastname@example.org and visit https://its.unc.edu/phish-alerts/ to view reported and confirmed Phish attempts.
- NEW! Campus Vendor field label change: To make the Campus Vendor field label more user friendly, the labels have been updated. If Employee, Student, or Affiliate type is chosen, the fields will clearly state “Enter PID Only.” If Other type is chosen, the fields will clearly state “Enter TIN Only.” This update is live as of today. Previously, Campus Vendor offered four choices for Vendor Type: Employee, Student, Affiliate, or Other. The first three types are vendors that required users to have and enter the PID of the vendor and the Other type required users to have and enter the TIN. The previous field label did not make this requirement clear.
Important Reminders and Resources
- Current Issues List: Check out the frequently updated list of Current Issues Being Worked. This list, in the Issues/Fixes section of ccinfo.unc.edu, contains current system issues raised via help tickets and/or testing. For most of these, investigations into the causes and fixes are still taking place, but it can be used as a resource for users to know that the project team is aware of and working on specific system issues.
Users should utilize the Business Systems Help Desk when they are unsure who to contact for issue resolution. This is the fastest way to obtain assistance and allows the project team to be able to track issues to determine the scale of the impact to all users. Users can reach the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP or via a remedy ticket submitted online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern).
Suggestions for content can be emailed to email@example.com