This Finance and Accounting Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, ConnectCarolina Finance Liaisons, Finance Council, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division.
- NEW! ConnectCarolina Outage: There will be an outage on Saturday, January 30, from 6 a.m. until approximately 8 a.m. All ConnectCarolina functionality – Finance, Human Resources and Student Administration – will be unavailable during the outage.
- NEW! PAAT Labor Expense Report enhanced: The Payroll Accounting Adjustment Tool (PAAT) Labor Expense Report has been enhanced with some adjustments to filters, some changes to the data displayed, and some bug fixes. For details, refer to the InfoPorte Updates document posted here.
- NEW! PAAT CBTs: We now have two CBTs posted online for PAAT: one for PAAT basic originators and one for PAAT approvers. The content in these two CBTs should be reviewed by both types of users to ensure everyone knows how the whole process works from beginning to execution. Since PAAT is a very powerful tool, this training is mandatory for all PAAT users, including those who used the short-term retro tool. CBTs can be accessed from the Training drop-down menu at ccinfo.unc.edu.
- NEW! 2015 W-2s available online: Active employees can view and print their 2015 W-2 from ConnectCarolina Self Service just as they have been able to view and print their 2014 W-2 for the last several weeks. Additionally, former (i.e., inactive) employees will be able to view their 2015 W-2 using ConnectCarolina Employee Self Service by creating a Guest ID. Instructions for doing this are provided at this link. Paper W-2s will be distributed Monday, Feb. 1.
- We have developed the online W-2 FAQs as a tool to help answer many of the frequently asked questions asked of your staff and Payroll Services staff concerning W-2s.
- REMINDER! January month-end close deadline: Validated campus journal entries and data collect batches (journal imports) should be received by Accounting Services by close of business Friday, Jan. 29. It is critical that journal imports with state funds are submitted on or before this date.
- REMINDER! December month-end close: Central offices have officially closed the month of December. This includes the transmission and reconciliation of all December transactions, and state approval to close the month.
Important Reminders and Resources
- Current Issues List: Check out the frequently updated list of Current Issues Being Worked. This list, in the Issues/Fixes section of ccinfo.unc.edu, contains current system issues raised via help tickets and/or testing. For most of these, investigations into the causes and fixes are still taking place, but it can be used as a resource for users to know that the project team is aware of and working on specific system issues.
Users should utilize the Business Systems Help Desk when they are unsure who to contact for issue resolution. This is the fastest way to obtain assistance and allows the project team to be able to track issues to determine the scale of the impact to all users.
Users can reach the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP or via a remedy ticket submitted online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern).
Suggestions for content can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.