This Finance and Accounting Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, ConnectCarolina Finance Liaisons, Finance Council, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division.
- NEW! January month-end close deadline: Validated campus journal entries and data collect batches (journal imports) should be received by Accounting Services by close of business Friday, Jan. 29. It is critical that journal imports with state funds are submitted on or before this date.
- REMINDER! New Finan$eer is live: The new Finan$eer is ready and available from the ConnectCarolina home page. As a reminder, for UNC Chapel Hill, only enhanced reporting users will be able to use the new Finan$eer.
- NEW! Legacy Finan$eer available until Jan. 15: We have extended the availability of the legacy version of Finan$eer to next Friday, Jan. 15, so you have some time to compare the two versions. We originally told you the legacy version would be taken down at the end of December, but received requests to extend that due to the winter holidays.
- NEW! ConnectCarolina Finance web apps outage: There will be a maintenance outage of Finance Web Apps on Thursday, Jan. 15, from 8-9 p.m. This impacts Finan$eer, WebTravel, Pcard, UAS and VISP.
Important Reminders and Resources
- Current Issues List: Check out the frequently updated list of Current Issues Being Worked. This list, in the Issues/Fixes section of ccinfo.unc.edu, contains current system issues raised via help tickets and/or testing. For most of these, investigations into the causes and fixes are still taking place, but it can be used as a resource for users to know that the project team is aware of and working on specific system issues.
Users should utilize the Business Systems Help Desk when they are unsure who to contact for issue resolution. This is the fastest way to obtain assistance and allows the project team to be able to track issues to determine the scale of the impact to all users.
Users can reach the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP or via a remedy ticket submitted online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern).
Suggestions for content can be emailed to email@example.com.