This Finance and Accounting Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, ConnectCarolina Finance Liaisons, Finance Council, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division.
- October Month-End Close: Central offices have officially closed the month of October. This includes the transmission and reconciliation of all October transactions, and state approval to close the month.
- NEW! ConnectCarolina Portal Outage Dec. 2: There will be a maintenance outage of the ConnectCarolina Portal on Wednesday, Dec 2, 8 p.m. to midnight. This means campus users will not have access to ConnectCarolina (Finance, HR, Student and related systems) and any other systems accessed through the portal during that time frame. If you have any questions, please contact the Help Desk at 919-962-HELP.
- NEW! Quick Update on Legacy Systems: The transition dates have been pushed out for several Finance legacy systems—check the Legacy System Transitions page on the ccinfo.unc.edu website for more information.
One date that has stayed the same though is the one for ePrint. After November 30, access to ePrint will be limited to a small group of central administrative users. If you need an ePrint report after that date, you’ll need to contact the Help Desk.
Did you catch the webinar-delivered update last Friday on the Finance Legacy Systems? If not, you can find it on the Legacy Systems Transition page mentioned above (scroll to the bottom of the page to find it).
- REMINDER! November Month-End Close Deadline: Validated campus journal entries and data collect batches (journal imports) should be received by Accounting Services by close of business Monday, Nov. 30. It is critical that journal imports with state funds are submitted on or before this date.
Important Reminders and Resources
- Finance Central Links: As of Nov. 4, all links on Finance Central were removed except the UNC-Account Request, Finan$eer, and ePrint. Most of these linked tools have moved into ConnectCarolina, and the links for the systems that are staying, such as Web Travel, are now available from ConnectCarolina. For more information, go to the legacy systems page on the ccinfo.unc.edu website
- Current Issues List: Check out the frequently updated list of Current Issues Being Worked. This list, in the Issues/Fixes section of ccinfo.unc.edu, contains current system issues raised via help tickets and/or testing. For most of these, investigations into the causes and fixes are still taking place, but it can be used as a resource for users to know that the project team is aware of and working on specific system issues.
- Reporting Requests In The Works: Check out the online tool that shows what reports campus have requested. The list of campus-facing requested reports can now be found on this page. To find the list, go to ccinfo.unc.edu > Reporting > In The Works.
Users should utilize the Business Systems Help Desk when they are unsure who to contact for issue resolution. This is the fastest way to obtain assistance and allows the project team to be able to track issues to determine the scale of the impact to all users.
Users can reach the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP or via a remedy ticket submitted online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern).
Suggestions for content can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.