This Finance Division Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, ConnectCarolina Finance Liaisons, Finance Council, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division. We will send updates weekly and as needed.
- NEW! Access to the Legacy Data Warehouses in InfoPorte: Last week, we shared some instructions for accessing the legacy data warehouses through InfoPorte, and some of you have reported that the steps didn’t work for you. We’ve reworked the steps and posted them here: http://ccinfo.unc.edu/getting-access-to-the-legacy-data-warehouses.
If you had access to the Finance data warehouse prior to 10/1/2014 and have been accessing it via Finance Central, you can follow the instructions in the link above to see the Finance data warehouse tab in InfoPorte. Because all the data in the legacy data warehouse is based on the old account and department structure, we are unable to grant new users access at this time. The Enterprise Reporting and Departmental Systems team is currently reviewing the access model.
- NEW! Nov.-Dec. Payroll Calendars: November and December payroll calendars are located on the HR website at http://hr.unc.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/222/2015/11/nov-dec_calendars.pdf. Please note that some deadlines may be shortened during these months due to the holidays.
- November Month-End Close Deadline: Validated campus journal entries and data collect batches (journal imports) should be received by Accounting Services by close of business Monday, Nov. 30. It is critical that journal imports with state funds are submitted on or before this date.
- Finance Central Links: Effective Nov. 4 at 5 p.m., all links on Finance Central were removed except the UNC-Account Request, Finan$eer, and ePrint. Most of these linked tools have moved into ConnectCarolina, and the links for the systems that are staying, such as Web Travel, are now available from ConnectCarolina. For more information, go to the legacy systems page on the ccinfo.unc.edu website.
Important Reminders and Resources
- Current Issues List: Check out the frequently updated list of Current Issues Being Worked. This list, in the Issues/Fixes section of ccinfo.unc.edu, contains current system issues raised via help tickets and/or testing. For most of these, investigations into the causes and fixes are still taking place, but it can be used as a resource for users to know that the project team is aware of and working on specific system issues.
- Reporting Requests In The Works: Check out the online tool that shows what reports campus have requested. The list of campus-facing requested reports can now be found on this page. To find the list, go to ccinfo.unc.edu > Reporting > In The Works.
Users should utilize the Business Systems Help Desk when they are unsure who to contact for issue resolution. This is the fastest way to obtain assistance and allows the project team to be able to track issues to determine the scale of the impact to all users.
Users can reach the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP or via a remedy ticket submitted online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern).
Suggestions for content can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.