This Finance Division Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, ConnectCarolina Finance Liaisons, Finance Council, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division. We will send updates weekly and as needed.
- NEW! September Month-End Close: Central offices have officially closed the month of September. This includes the transmission and reconciliation of all September transactions, and state approval to close the month.
- October Month-End Close Deadline: Validated campus journal entries and data collect batches (journal imports) should be received by Accounting Services by close of business Friday, Oct. 30. It is critical that journal imports with state funds are submitted on or before this date.
- NEW! F&A FY16 Formula Allocation Reconciliation: Yesterday, MOU Financial Leads received their FY16 Formula Allocation Reconciliation Report. Please contact your MOU Financial Lead for specifics regarding this report. The project team is working on the projection report (F&A Formula Allocation Estimate) for FY16 and will communicate those details as they are available.
- NEW! PAAT Released Next Week: Payroll Accounting Adjustment Tool (PAAT) will be released Oct. 28 to replace the Short Term Retro tool used since last spring. There is an ongoing outage period of Oct. 20-27 when users cannot enter any retro actions. View the related web page or the latest memo for information about PAAT access, approvals, reporting, training and more.
- NEW! Commitment Accounting Lockouts: As communicated Oct. 21, due to the cutover activity in preparation for Payroll Accounting Adjustment Tool (PAAT) implementation, a new Commitment Accounting lockout schedule is in effect Oct. 22 – Nov. 2. This schedule replaces previously communicated lockout schedules. As a reminder, during a “CA lockout,” no new ePARs can be originated or approved, and the link to the ePAR Home Page will be unavailable for both Finance and HR users. Remaining lockouts are as follows:
- Tuesday, Oct 27 – 12:30 p.m. until 3 p.m.
- Monday, Nov 2 – 7 p.m. until 8 p.m.
Important Reminders and Resources
- Current Issues List: Check out the frequently updated list of Current Issues Being Worked. This list, in the Issues/Fixes section of ccinfo.unc.edu, contains current system issues raised via help tickets and/or testing. For most of these, investigations into the causes and fixes are still taking place, but it can be used as a resource for users to know that the project team is aware of and working on specific system issues.
- Reporting Requests In The Works: You asked for it — a tool to see what reports campus has requested. The list of campus-facing requested reports can now be found on this page. To find the list, go to ccinfo.unc.edu > Reporting > In The Works.
- Update on Legacy System Status and Decommissioning: A timetable for legacy system transitions and decommissioning has been published here. This table will be updated as new information comes available.
Users should utilize the Business Systems Help Desk when they are unsure who to contact for issue resolution. This is the fastest way to obtain assistance and allows the project team to be able to track issues to determine the scale of the impact to all users.
Users can reach the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP or via a remedy ticket submitted online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern).
Suggestions for content can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.