Today we celebrate one year of ConnectCarolina Finance and HR/Payroll!
This Finance Division Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, ConnectCarolina Finance Liaisons, Finance Council, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division. We will send updates weekly and as needed.
- NEW! Funding Grid Change on ePAR Forms: Beginning Monday, Oct. 5, you will notice changes to the funding grid on ePAR forms. For a description of the planned changes, read the memo here. There is also a webinar planned for Friday, Oct. 2 at 2 p.m. More info on the webinar is available.
- NEW! Upcoming Release of the Payroll Accounting Adjustment Tool (PAAT): PAAT will be released in late October to replace the Short Term Retro tool used since last spring. Find out more about upcoming deadlines for actions in this tool and the timeline for the release of PAAT.
- NEW! Trust Budgets Load: Earlier this week, an explanation of the Trust Budget Load Process was shared with campus users. Find it here.
- NEW! Fisher Scientific: Fisher Scientific, an eProcurement vendor, has launched a new web site which is live now. ePro users will notice the new site beginning today. Functionality of the site remains the same, but users can contact Bernard Law, firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or issues.
- REMINDER! GSHIP Form Online: Because of the process for enrolling in the Graduate Student Health Insurance Program (GSHIP), we are removing a previously used form, 1112.2.1f – UNC-CH Graduate Student Health Insurance Program Enrollment and Change Form, from Finance and Accounting websites. Enrollment in GSHIP is now done in ConnectCarolina; as we announced in July, retroactive enrollments or terminations exceeding 60 days will no longer be allowed for administrative errors as of Aug. 1, 2015. Enrollments and terminations for fewer than 60 days must be requested from Cash Management in writing.
- NEW! System Outages: There will be outages of all ConnectCarolina applications (Finance, HR/Payroll, Student Admin) plus most other related applications (including CBM/Bill Presentation, Web Travel, P-Card, and ImageNow) and PID services on Sun., Oct. 4, from 2-6 p.m., and again on Sun., Oct. 11, from 2-6 p.m.
- Current Issues List: In response to campus user requests, the Issues/Fixes section of ccinfo.unc.edu, Current Issues Being Worked, has been revamped. This list contains current system issues raised via help tickets and/or testing. For most of these, investigations into the causes and fixes are still taking place, but it can be used as a resource for users to know that the project team is aware of and working on specific system issues.
Important Reminders and Resources
- Infographic on Data Alerts in InfoPorte: An updated Reporting in InfoPorte quick reference now includes an infographic explaining the red and green data alerts in InfoPorte. It also describes the different Twitter notifications. Look for the infographic on the back page.
- Reporting Requests In The Works: Several groups have asked for a tool to see what reports campus has requested. The list of campus-facing requested reports can now be found on this page. To find the list, go to ccinfo.unc.edu > Reporting > In The Works.
- Update on Legacy Systems: A timetable for legacy system transitions and decommissioning has been published here. This table will be updated as new information comes available.
Users should utilize the Business Systems Help Desk when they are unsure who to contact for issue resolution. This is the fastest way to obtain assistance and allows the project team to be able to track issues to determine the scale of the impact to all users.
Users can reach the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP or via a remedy ticket submitted online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern).
Functional or business process questions – plus any tips you have to offer – can be added to the ConnectCarolina user discussion forums.
Suggestions for content can be emailed to email@example.com.