This Finance Division Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, ConnectCarolina Finance Liaisons, Finance Council, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division. We will send updates weekly and as needed.
- REMINDER! Receiving Requisitions: We have received some concerns from users due to requisitions not rolling to the new fiscal year. Many users think that something is wrong or their PO is closed. Note: Users cannot receive through prior fiscal year requisitions, since the requisition does not roll to a new fiscal year. Only the purchase order rolls to a new fiscal year. Receiving should not be done through the requisitions, only by purchase orders. See the Creating a Receipt by Purchase Order guide for instructions.
- NEW! Independent Contractor SSN Masking Feature: Effective Saturday, Aug. 1, field-level masking will occur for Independent Contractor (IC) forms. When viewing an IC form, campus users will see a number that is “masked” or not viewable except for the last four digits of the IC’s social security number, for example [***_**_1234]. When creating a new IC record, campus users will notice that after entering a social security number (SSN) and tabbing to the next field, the SSN will be locked and masked. Note: Users should double check entry of the SSN because it won’t be entirely visible after users tab out of the field. If users make a mistake when entering the SSN and have tabbed out of the field, they will need to cancel the record and start over. Training materials will be updated to reflect this enhancement.
- NEW! Gradstar Changes Webinar: A couple new error checks have been added to the Gradstar system that affect the requirements for processing your entries, and may affect whether award recipients receive their award. A webinar on these updates is being held on Wednesday, August 5, from 3:00-3:30 p.m. Click here to join the webinar.
- NEW! Commitment Accounting Lockouts: CA lockouts will take place from 9-11 p.m. tonight, Thursday, July 30, and from 9-10 a.m. on Saturday, Aug. 1, in order to run the Leave Liability Process. During this CA lockout, no new ePARs can be originated or approved, and the link to the ePAR Home Page will be unavailable for both Finance and HR users.
- NEW! GSHIP Open for Enrollment: The Graduate Student Health Insurance Program (GSHIP) has been updated and is open effective immediately for 2015-16 enrollments. GSHIP Enrollment can be accessed via ConnectCarolina and is now located in the GradStar GSHIP menu within ConnectCarolina Student Administration.
- July Month-End Close Deadline: Validated campus journal entries and data collect batches should be received by Accounting Services by close of business today, July 30.
Important Reminders and Resources
- August Town Hall: The next ConnectCarolina Town Hall is August 6 at 1:30 pm. Join us to learn about the latest ConnectCarolina updates.
- Turning Off Legacy Systems: Last October, a number of the University’s administrative systems were replaced by ConnectCarolina and InfoPorte. Some of these legacy systems have already been turned off and soon, more of these systems will be decommissioned. Find out more on the Legacy Systems page which we will continually update with additional details.
- Guide to the Finance Reports: Check out the guide that catalogues and describes the Finance reports and their uses at ccinfo.unc.edu > Reporting > Finance Reporting or http://ccinfo.unc.edu/reporting/finance-reporting/. All the reports in this guide have been tested and validated to ensure that the information in them is correct.
Users should utilize the Business Systems Help Desk when they are unsure who to contact for issue resolution. This is the fastest way to obtain assistance and allows the project team to be able to track issues to determine the scale of the impact to all users.
Users can reach the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP or via a remedy ticket submitted online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern).
Functional or business process questions – plus any tips you have to offer – can be added to the ConnectCarolina user discussion forums.
Suggestions for content can be emailed to email@example.com.