This Finance Division Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, ConnectCarolina Finance Liaisons, Finance Council, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division. We will send updates weekly and as needed.
- NEW! February Month-End Close: Central offices have officially closed the month of February. This includes the transmission and reconciliation of all February transactions, and state approval to close the month.
- NEW! Labor Encumbrances: On Tuesday, March 24, labor encumbrances were removed from ConnectCarolina Finance. Changes to the data will not be viewable in InfoPorte until Thursday, March 26. For more information on this change and the coming Labor Projections Report in InfoPorte, view the memo on these topics.
- NEW! Budget Definitions: Earlier today, a memo about Changes in PeopleSoft Commitment Control Budget Definitions was sent to MOU Leads. The deadline for responses to the proposed changes is Monday, March 30.
- NEW! Reporting Resources: On Tuesday, March 24, a memo about Reporting and Security Updates for Year-End Preparation was sent to MOU Leads. The deadline for responses is Monday, March 30.
- March Month-End Close Deadline: Journal entries, data collect batches and journal imports should be processed through at least departmental workflow by Friday, March 27, at 5 p.m., in order to ensure the journal will be posted in March. Central Office (OSR, Accounting Services, Financial Reporting and the Budget Office) will ensure journals are posted if received by that date.
- Commitment Accounting (CA) Lockout: Effective immediately, the HR/Payroll system will be locked out on each payroll confirm day from 7 p.m.-11 p.m. so a Commitment Accounting process can be run to ensure the correct distribution of payroll actuals. During this “CA lockout,” no new ePARs can be originated or approved, and the link to the ePAR Home Page will be unavailable for both Finance and HR users. This is significantly different from the payroll lockout, when actions can be originated and approved, but are held at the Integration Broker until the lockout is lifted. The CA lockout dates have been added to the HR/Payroll calendars (see attached). If you have questions, please contact Dennis Press at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-962-7007.
- Year-End Close Prep Webinar: A webinar titled Preparing for Year End Close: Reviewing Open Transactions will discuss how to identify open (unposted) transactions and either delete or process them, in preparation for year-end close. The webinar is scheduled for March 26 from 11 a.m. – Noon.
- Consolidated Info from Finance Updates: A table that consolidates information from all Finance daily/weekly updates is now online, organized by topic and searchable on the ccinfo website>Finance tab: http://ccinfo.unc.edu/finance/ .
Users are encouraged to call the Help Desk when they are unsure who to contact for issue resolution. While users may have worked with a specific consultant or BA for another issue, any new issues must be submitted via a remedy ticket, not by calling an individual directly. This is the fastest way to obtain assistance and allows the project team to be able to track issues to determine the scale of the impact to all users.
All technical questions should be directed to the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP, or submitted via a help ticket online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern).
Functional or business process questions – plus any tips you have to offer – can be added to the ConnectCarolina user discussion forums.
Suggestions for content can be emailed to email@example.com.