This Finance Division Daily Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Finance will send these daily updates as needed. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division.
- New! M05 Payroll Journals: Payroll journals for M05 have posted. Payroll actuals and liquidated encumbrances for M05 are available.
- New! Using Budget Overview to Inquire on a Department: Users have reported being unable to see transactions in InfoPorte for items budgeted on Program without department. InfoPorte has been set up with department security access to transactions. If the ledger such as Program doesn’t require the department in the Chartfield string, the user cannot see the transaction. To assist the users to find the transaction information, using ConnectCarolina Budget Overview is recommended. In Budget Overview, users can inquire on a specific department and they won’t have security issues in accessing the information there.
- November Month-End Close: Central Offices (OSR, Accounting Services and the Budget Office) should conclude processing November transactions this week and will ensure journals are posted if received by the deadline to be processed through departmental workflow which was November 24.
- October Month-End Close: Central offices continue to work with State-level agencies to complete the transmission and reconciliation of all October transactions, and to obtain approval to officially close the month of October. Additional transactions to chart strings of campus departments for October are not anticipated.
- ARP: The ARP data entry deadline is Monday, Dec. 8 at 5 p.m. Employee actions that are not entered by that deadline will result in the ARP not being paid to those employees on Dec. 23.
Here are the statistics as of this morning. These are the actions that have written to the system:
- 1094 faculty job change actions (56 percent of planned)
- 1410 EPA non-faculty job change actions (87 percent of planned)
- 2365 lump sum actions (67 percent of planned)
- System Availability Update: ConnectCarolina Finance and HR/Payroll system availability will be extended two hours per business day through Friday, Dec. 5 to support ARP efforts. Also, there will be no system down time this weekend. The regular system availability times will be reinstated for business days beginning Monday, Dec. 8. Following is the schedule for the next week:
- Monday-Friday, Dec. 1-5 from 7 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 6 from 3 a.m. through Midnight, Sunday, Dec. 7 (no system downtime)
- Monday-Friday, Dec. 8-12 from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. (revert to regular system hours)
- Reminder: The deadline for completing ARP actions is 5 p.m. Dec. 8.
- Query Viewer: The recording of Wednesday’s webinar on Managing Finance Transactions Using Query Viewer is posted online.
- Tomorrow’s in-person TIP meetings: Both the HR/Payroll and Finance TIP meetings will take place in Toy Lounge, Dey Hall.
- The HR TIP meeting is at 10 – 10:45 a.m.
- The Finance TIP meeting is at 11 – 11:45 a.m.
- ARP Assistance: We continue to hold optional daily calls this week at 11:30 a.m., strictly for ARP questions and assistance. The School/Division TIPs have the dial-in information. The calls are open to anyone who may have questions about ARP.
- CBM Demo: A Customer Billing Management (CBM) System and Bill Presentation Demo will take place Tuesday, Dec. 9 from 2-3 p.m. in Toy Lounge, Dey Hall.
- ViewStar: ViewStar will be decommissioned at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 10. When ViewStar is shut down the following legacy systems will no longer have access to attachments/images: ePro 8.9 Small Order Process, Web Travel, Web Vendor, Account Request, Check Request, and InDEPTh.
- If there are any documents created in Account Request that you need copies of, you should access them and print them before 5 p.m. on Dec. 10, 2014. All the images in ViewStar have been migrated to ImageNow and are accessible in the Central Offices. We are working on defining processes.
- In the meantime, users can access legacy account request/fund authority information by selecting the Finance Central link at the top right of the Finance Division homepage. From there, users should sign in and go to their Inbox. Then users should select Search UNC and then Account Request. Search by the old Department Number to view the requests.
- Clarification: The above tip only applies to Account Requests/Fund Authorities that were originally created in the Account Request system which was deployed in 2007. Anything prior to that date is not affected by the decommissioning of ViewStar.
All technical questions should be directed to the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP, or submitted via a help ticket online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern). Your help ticket will be answered by a team dedicated to working on Finance questions and issues. Business Systems Help Desk hours are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Functional or business process questions – plus any tips you have to offer – can be added to the ConnectCarolina user discussion forums.
Suggestions for content can be emailed to email@example.com.