This Finance Division Daily Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Finance will send these daily updates as needed. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division.
- Retroactive Funding Swaps: Instructions regarding the use of retroactive funding swaps in ConnectCarolina were sent to campus groups earlier today.
- Carolina Inn/Rizzo Center Vouchers: Finance and Administration and Internal Audit reviewed the process for Carolina Inn and Rizzo Center and have determined that as the charges are reviewed in CBM we will no longer be required to route these charges through departmental workflow. However, MOUs should ensure that the person acknowledging the charges in CBM is not the same person requesting the service.
Based on this decision, we will process the vouchers that were created late October and post these charges this week. Please be aware that this will include any vouchers that were previously denied. The details of the Carolina Inn and Rizzo Center charges are viewable in University Bill Presentation. Please access University Bill Presentation in ConnectCarolina under the Finance folder in the left hand column. If you have any questions about CBM or Bill Presentation please feel free to submit a remedy ticket or email UScbm@unc.edu. If you have questions about the vouchers being processed please email Tammy Jorgenson of Disbursement Services at email@example.com
- Credits on Campus Vouchers: A new student guide, “Creating a Credit on a Campus Voucher,” is now available on the Resource Documents webpage. It covers how to enter a vendor credit for items or services purchased on a campus voucher.
- Access Roles: A reminder that the HR/Payroll and Finance access roles are updated and available on ccinfo.unc.edu. The Student Administration roles list is coming soon.
- Reconciliation Demos: Reconciliation Large Venue Demos will be held on Nov. 19 and Nov. 20 to accommodate all users. Reconciliation Large Venue Demos information can be found on the Webinars/Large Venue Demos webpage. No registration is required.
- System Availability: ePro 9.1 is available 24/7. ConnectCarolina Finance is available 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., Monday – Friday; and from 7 a.m. Saturday to 6 a.m. Sunday; with a maintenance outage window Sunday from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. Full 24-hour access is expected to be restored in November.
All technical questions should be directed to the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP, or submitted via a help ticket online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern). Your help ticket will be answered by a team dedicated to working on Finance questions and issues. Business Systems Help Desk hours are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Functional or business process questions – plus any tips you have to offer – can be added to the ConnectCarolina user discussion forums.
Suggestions for content can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.