To: University Business Managers
From: Scott Jackson, Executive Director, Enterprise Reporting and Departmental Systems
Date: October 27, 2014
This communication is part of a continuing series to provide updates on ConnectCarolina Reporting.
- The Reporting team is implementing new releases approximately every two weeks to push needed functionality out to the user community.
- The Reporting and Training teams have made significant progress with Reporting-related training.
Below is an update of the features included in the recent release of InfoPorte and additional training updates. To view the latest report releases, go to the What’s New tab in InfoPorte: https://infoporte.unc.edu/home/welcome.php
Update on Data
- Transactions are being loaded into the data warehouse from ConnectCarolina on a nightly basis.
- B06 and B07 payroll data is available on the Payroll tab (specific security is required to see it).
- Updated foundation and trust fund data has been added for prior periods.
- September data has been loaded.
HR/Payroll New Features/Reports
- The HR/Reports tab has two new reports (you will need to request access through your InfoPorte Admin):
- An Overtime/Compensation Report
- Salary Alignment Report
- Payroll Reports:
- Updated the Dept search to look at Primary Job Dept – moved this search to the main filter set
- Added Fund and Source to the list screens
Finance New Features/Reports
- Ledger Rollup/Journal Transactions – Added Vendor, Trans Type, Trans ID
- Added a Transaction Finder report – Finance/Financial Reporting/Transaction Finder
- Enhanced the Funding Balance (Cash) report
- Added Foundation report – Finance/Financial Reporting/Foundation Report
- Split the Ledger Rollup screen into OSR Ledger and State/Trust/F&A Ledger
- Granted InfoPorte access to many existing OBI users. Note that student reporting is now done via InfoPorte, and that OBI will be phased out. If you need access to student reports and do not have it in InfoPorte, please submit an ARC request for Student Data access
To help users make the most of InfoPorte and all of these new available reports, several training classes will be made available over the next several weeks. Classes are available focused on both finance and HR reporting. MOU Leads and HR Officers are identifying who should attend these sessions. MOU Leads and HR Officers should contact Cindy Cadman with the names of those who should attend these classes.
A full schedule is available here: http://ccinfo.unc.edu/training/post-go-live-training-schedule/
Additional information: http://ccinfo.unc.edu/reporting/