This Finance Division Daily Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Finance will send these daily updates as needed through the go-live and immediate post-go-live periods. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division.
- Petty Cash Campus Vouchers: Users need to change the Account number on petty cash vouchers to the expense account used by their department for petty cash. Changing the Account chartfield ensures accurate expense allocation and, if needed, approval routing to the Office of Sponsored Research (OSR). Consult with the key accounting personnel in your department for guidance. Users should also use the petty cash form to attach as supporting documentation if receipts contain sensitive information. The updated student guide, Entering a Petty Cash Voucher, now includes the new naming convention for invoice numbers.
- Web Travel:
- We have received reports that the payment number information appearing in Web Travel is not consistent with the information in ConnectCarolina. This is under investigation. There have been problems this morning with some people who previously had access to the Web Travel system getting a message that their PID is not found. We are working on a fix at this time and hope to deploy it this afternoon.
- The fix has been applied for the problem in Web Travel where preparers, when trying to arrange airfare or processing a travel authorization for a conference pre-payment or a travel cash advance, were being stopped if the traveler did not have ACH set up in their Vendor record. Travel reimbursements are still required to be paid by ACH.
- P-Card Use: The P-Card is designed for small order purchases and should be used to the greatest extent possible as we work through our vouchering backlog. We thank you for your understanding and continued support.
- Department Mapping Issue for a Subset of OSR Project IDs: There is a known issue with departments associated with a subset of the converted project IDs. The Office of Sponsored Research (OSR) is working closely with the Office of Research Information Systems (ORIS) and the ConnectCarolina project team to evaluate the scope of the issue and a potential global solution. Please be aware that processing individual budget revisions and transferring costs from one department to another in an attempt to correct this error is not recommended at this time as there are many touch points affected by a department change. In the interim, campus can process transactions on the intended department without receiving a budget error related to the department mapping.
- Cash Advances: Office of Sponsored Research and Accounting Services are working on a process to reconcile cash advances issued prior to go-live. Until this process is in place please do not submit vouchers for cash advance settlements issued prior to go-live.
- Access Form: The ConnectCarolina and Related Applications Access Request Form has been updated in response to campus feedback. It can be found in the InfoPorte Data Dictionary Documents table.
- System Availability: ePro 9.1 is available 24/7. ConnectCarolina Finance is available 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., Monday – Friday; and from 7 a.m. Saturday to 6 a.m. Sunday; with a maintenance outage window Sunday from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. Full 24 hour access is expected to be restored in November.
Resources and Documentation
The Resource Documents webpage provides quick access to student guides, 101 documents and recorded webinars.
Functional: Functional, business process or other general questions – plus any tips you have to offer – can be added to the ConnectCarolina user discussion forums.
Technical: All technical questions should be directed to the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP, or submitted via a help ticket online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern). Your help ticket will be answered by a team dedicated to working on Finance questions and issues. Business Systems Help Desk hours are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Suggestions for content can be emailed to email@example.com.