This Finance Division Daily Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Finance will send these daily updates as needed through the go-live and immediate post-go-live periods. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division.
Due to some unexpected tasks associated with the first payroll run, no ePARs could be submitted between noon and 2 p.m. today. We apologize for the short notice of this outage.
- Web Travel:
- A guide that covers the simplest way to set up basic groups and routes for Web Travel was sent yesterday to MOU Leads and TIPs/Trainers. It can be found on the Finance Division’s Training page under Travel.
- All approved reimbursement vouchers were transmitted by ACH this morning.
- Travel Advances are made to students and for foreign travel and they are all made by manual check (express check process in ConnectCarolina). Travel Reimbursements are made by ACH directly into the traveler’s bank account. When the PID issue is resolved, all employees and students on payroll that have travel reimbursements will automatically have the banking information updated. If a student is not also receiving funding from the University (stipends would have banking information) and they have a travel reimbursement, the department will need to provide the ACH information when setting up the vendor.
- Vendor Create: Most of the requests that would process have been processed. There are some requests with errors and Procurement Services staff have opened remedy tickets for those.
- Receiving: If you are attempting to enter a receipt for a line that requires you to enter by quantity and this does not seem appropriate to you, please contact email@example.com, provide the PO number, your contact name and your phone number. A purchasing agent will contact you to assist.
- Surplus Property Management System: The login URL for this system changed on Oct. 1, so please update your bookmarks to https://spms-sso0.its.unc.edu/prdflex.
- System Availability: Detailed information about system availability is available at http://ccinfo.unc.edu/getting-help-after-go-live/. ePro 9.1 is available 24/7. ConnectCarolina Finance is available 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., Monday – Friday; and from 7 a.m. Saturday to 6 a.m. Sunday; with a maintenance outage window Sunday from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. Full 24 hour access is expected to be restored in November.
Resources and Documentation
The ConnectCarolina training team is offering a series of mobile labs across campus for users: open-ended, drop-in sessions to ask ConnectCarolina experts anything. Find out more information about when and where the labs are being held.
Functional: Functional, business process or other general questions – plus any tips you have to offer – can be added to the ConnectCarolina user discussion forums.
Technical: All technical questions should be directed to the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP, or submitted via a help ticket online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern). Your help ticket will be answered by a team dedicated to working on Finance questions and issues. Business Systems Help Desk hours are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Suggestions for content can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.