To: University Business Managers
From: Janet Kelly-Scholle, Director of Finance Communications and Training
As you know, options for ConnectCarolina training include a series of webinars. These webinars are brief online training sessions. You can participate at your desk, or your Training and Implementation Partner (TIP) may choose to book a room so that you can participate with others in your department.
A special page on the ConnectCarolina users website provides all the details on these webinars: http://ccinfo.unc.edu/training/webinars. You can click on the dates and add these webinars to your calendar. However, we urge you to please check this page before attending a webinar, as these dates may change.
You only need to attend one session of a class, and webinars will be recorded and archived for future reference.
Note: Webinar participants must have Java in order to join a session. If you do not have Java, you will be prompted to install the Java application after clicking on the webinar link. Please check that you have Java, or have permission to install it, in advance of any webinar. See below for Webinar Tips.
Here are the webinar subjects and dates:
Introduction to the New Version of ePro
- Sept. 9, 2 p.m. – https://sas.elluminate.com/site/external/jwsdetect/meeting.jnlp?password=M.3E83F1F0296C83BEE1CA868920EF41&sid=2009099
- Sept. 16, 10 a.m. – https://sas.elluminate.com/site/external/jwsdetect/meeting.jnlp?password=M.0ECDF720FE14AFB2EA0F9BE49D8E69&sid=2009099
- Oct. 2, 2 p.m. – https://sas.elluminate.com/site/external/jwsdetect/meeting.jnlp?password=M.E6A9B123D3D9159B55F31B5AA7203C&sid=2009099
Changes to Web Travel
- Sept. 10, 10 a.m. – https://sas.elluminate.com/site/external/jwsdetect/meeting.jnlp?password=M.9AA12927A7024BABD0EDC09CE80B80&sid=2009099
- Sept. 30, 10 a.m. – https://sas.elluminate.com/site/external/jwsdetect/meeting.jnlp?password=M.606228FC7D478B9199C49A8CF4CBE3&sid=2009099
Managing Petty Cash
- Sept. 24, 2 p.m. – https://sas.elluminate.com/site/external/jwsdetect/meeting.jnlp?password=M.268372DD0F9170E6746731B964D98D&sid=2009099
For live webinars, we strongly suggest accessing the link and signing in 10 minutes before the event starts so you can work through any technical difficulties.
Audio for the webinar is available through the computer, not phone. To access audio, view the webinar at a computer with speakers.
If you have problems connecting to the webinar, it may be due to one of two issues with Java settings. One is your default program settings – covered in this article: http://support.blackboardcollaborate.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=8336&task=knowledge&questionID=1868.
If adjusting your settings doesn’t work, your second option is to try uninstalling and reinstalling Java.
Blackboard Collaborate nationwide support: 1-877-382-2293
If none of the above work, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 919-962-HELP for assistance.
Updated Web Travel and P-Card Manuals
The P-Card and Web Travel systems will look different after go-live, and new training manuals have been posted on the Finance Training website.
The new P-Card manual can be viewed at https://finance.unc.edu/services/training/.
The new Web Travel manual can be viewed at https://finance.unc.edu/services/training/.