To: TIM Administrators
From: TIM Support
Please review the Personal Observance Leave policy on the HR Leave & Holidays page, https://hr.unc.edu/benefits/leave-holidays/
Important Dates & Timing for Personal Observance Leave in TIM:
- Active, permanent employees received eight (8) hours (pro-rated for part time employees) in the new ‘Personal Observance Leave’ accrual in TIM as of June 6, 2022.
- Personal Observance Leave may not be used for dates prior to June 6, 2022. Therefore, do not enter historical corrections for this leave prior to June 6, 2022.
- Starting in 2023, Personal Observance Leave will be available to eligible employees annually on January 1st. These leave hours must be taken by the end of that calendar year; it cannot be carried into the next calendar year.
- All hours of this leave must be used in one work shift per calendar year. Therefore, the pay code, ‘Personal Observance Leave’ and hours should appear in an employee’s timecard for only one work shift per calendar year.
- Employees may use Personal Observance Leave for any single day of personal significance. Consistent with other types of leave, supervisory approval is needed before employees may use the leave.
- After receiving manager approval, employees may enter the pay code, ‘Personal Observance Leave’ and hours for one work shift in their timecards. TIM Administrators, managers, and employees have access to this pay code in TIM.