To: University Business Managers, Campus Unit Finance Leads
From: Rebecca Spanos, Travel & Payment Card Services Manager
This memo is to notify you that effective July 1, 2022, Campus Voucher will no longer process reimbursement requests for Business Entertainment Expenses and to remind everyone of the appropriate procedures for these types of reimbursements:
Per Procedure 1263.1, when paying for Business Entertainment Expenses the allowable payment methods are as follows:
- Purchasing Card (P-Card) – allowed only for Business Entertainment Expenses which do not include Alcohol and do not exceed $5,000.
- Travel & Expense (T&E) Card – allowed for Business Entertainment Expenses which do not exceed $5,000.
- Purchase Order – if the event exceeds $5,000 or requires advanced payment.
Events which require a contract may also be paid for on the P-Card or T&E Card if the contract has been reviewed and signed by Purchasing Services.
If a Business Entertainment Expense is paid for out of pocket, the reimbursement request should be submitted on an Expense Report in Concur. As a reminder, if taxes were included on the purchase, they must be removed from the reimbursement request.
When alcohol will be included with the Business Entertainment Expense, the purchase must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Purchases must be funded by an allowable funding source as detailed in Finance Policy 1263 – Policy on University-Related Business Entertainment Expenses.
- Purchases of alcohol must also adhere to the policies and standards detailed in the University Alcohol Policy.
- Alcohol may only be purchased from and distributed by a third-party vendor such as a professional caterer, bartender, or food & beverage establishment, with proper licensing and liability insurance. This requirement includes Business Entertainment events held both on-campus and off-campus.
- Alcohol may not be purchased for Business Entertainment events from a package store, convenience store, grocery store, or other vendors except for those detailed above.
Please share this information with all employees who are involved in the payment of Business Entertainment Expenses.