To: University Business Managers, Campus Unit Finance Leads, OSR Communications, HR Secondary Managers
From: The Cash Management Team
This email is specifically for those who are responsible for graduate students enrolled in the Graduate Student Health Insurance Program (GSHIP). A few reminders for the coming semester:
- Students who are graduating, withdrawing, or no longer working need to be terminated in ConnectCarolina before December 17, 2021. Please email the Cash Management Team once you are finished updating the student’s status.
- If you have RAs or TAs who were just hired, be sure to submit their GSHIP paperwork by December 15, 2021, so that a policy ID number can be issued to them prior to the Jan. 1, 2022, policy effective date.
- These new RAs/TAs will have to use that policy ID to waive out of the UNC System Student Health Insurance Plan (Student Blue) at https://www.bcbsnc.com/content/studentblue/uncch/index.htm. Students have to waive out by Jan. 31, 2022.
- If you have RAs or TAs who are being hired with a January 1 effective date, be sure the ePAR is completed on time to ensure the January GSHIP premium is charged to the correct chartfield string.
- Spouse and dependent coverage is available on the GSHIP plan, and can be completed directly with Blue Cross/Blue Shield at 1-800-579-8022.
- Please enter the Chartfield string where the GSHIP premium will be applied.
If you have any questions, please email the Cash Management Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.
Cash Management Team