To: University Business Managers, Specialized Access
From: Vicky Bradley, Associate VC for Human Resources and Equal Opportunity Compliance
You’re receiving this message because you are a Business Manager or have access to work with funding swaps in ConnectCarolina.
Changes related to full position management and online SHRA position descriptions are going live next week! That means starting Monday, October 11 all jobs will have a position. The capability for on-line SHRA position descriptions, which can be easily printed, will also be implemented.
In preparation for go live, the HR/Payroll system will be down starting Friday, October 8 at noon and will be back up by Monday, October 11 by 8:00 a.m. For more information about the outage and a list of affected systems, visit the ConnectCarolina HR/Payroll Outage page.
- Please help spread the word that since Friday is a bi-weekly payday, employees can only view their paychecks until the outage beings at noon. In addition, no manual paychecks will be processed on October 8.
- All ePARs except for lump sums and POIs that are not fully executed (including those that are “on hold”) by 5:00 pm on Thursday, October 7th will be denied.
Changes to note after go live
There are a lot of changes happening around full position management, but here are a few that require your special attention.
- When doing funding swaps, always choose “Position” in the Budget Level field.
- To look up an employee’s position number:
- You can use the UNC Employee Information link on the HR Workcenter under the Person Data section, or
- Go to Infoporte > HR > Employees tab > complete the fields to search.
- New access to “Fund Swap by Position” query on the dashboard. This query tells you the status of the fund swap.
How do I get more information?
There are multiple resources available for you to learn more about the changes and ask questions.
- To find resources like details about the changes, quick reference cards, videos, and more, visit the Full Position Management webpage. Please reference the Basic Originator link under “Learn More” for Basic Originator specific information.
- If you missed the HR User group meeting on September 29, you can find the recording and slides on ccinfo.unc.edu.
- If you need help or have any questions, stop by the full position management office hours October 12 through 26. Experts will be available every Tuesday and Thursday from 1-2 p.m. via Zoom. Join a session.
- And as always, you can submit a help ticket at help.unc.edu.
We appreciate all your hard work and dedication in making these changes successful. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.
Vicki Bradley, Ph.D.
Associate Vice Chancellor
Human Resources and Equal Opportunity and Compliance