To: University Business Managers, Campus Unit Finance Leads, RASG, HR Secondary Managers
From: The Cash Management Team
This e-mail is specifically for those who are responsible for graduate students enrolled in the Graduate Student Health Insurance Program (GSHIP).
- We have confirmed that BCBS is now mailing out UNC RA/TA ID cards to students. Students who have already been enrolled for the new year should start receiving the ID cards this week (8/9/2021). Students who were enrolled last year can still use their same ID card for this year. Their policy number will not be changing for this new benefit year.
Blue Connect Registration:
- Students will be able to access their policy information ahead of receiving their insurance cards by using their Social Security Number (SSN) to create a Blue Connect account – https://www.bluecrossnc.com. By selecting “Register Now” under Blue Connect Member Login, they can create an account by validating the requested information – including their SSN. Students who do not have a SSN will not be able to register for a Blue Connect account until they know what their policy ID number is. Students who were enrolled last year can still use their same ID card for this year. Their policy number will not be changing for this new benefit year. The Blue Connect How To Register Guide also has detailed instructions on how to register.
- Any eligible UNC RA/TA must enroll their dependents during open enrollment for the new benefit year if they want them to have coverage. This is even if their dependents were enrolled last benefit year.
- The open enrollment period started on 7/1/2021 and will end on 9/30/2021. The online dependent application form can be found on the Student Blue UNC RA/TA website.
- RA/TA students who are also eligible for the UNC Mandatory plan will start to receive reminders for them to waive or enroll onto the UNC Mandatory plan. These reminders will be sent throughout the waive/enroll period. Waivers must be completed by September 10, 2021.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about changes to enrollment status in ConnectCarolina. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.
Cash Management Team