Wow! An unprecedented pandemic cannot keep us down!
After a year in planning and design, the Department of Travel and Payment Card Services is excited to roll out our new end-to-end travel solution across the entire University later this Spring!
Stay tuned for the launch of our entire suite of travel solutions for all campus faculty and staff, effective April 27, 2021:
Your Travel Suite
- Concur Request
- A pre-trip approval system that ensures policy compliance and assists with budget control.
- Concur Travel
- An online travel booking tool that will allow you or your travel assistant to book a flight, hotel and car.
- Concur Expense
- Say goodbye to manual reporting and lost receipts. Concur Expense will allow travelers to capture their spend from multiple sources, automatically capturing receipts and speeding up the reimbursement process.
- World Travel, Inc.
- Our new full-service Travel Agency partner who will provide traditional travel agency services, duty of care, reporting capabilities and much more.
Your Travel Training Tools
Along with the new system, we will give you access to:
- Concur Request and Expense Step-by-Step and Quick Start Guides
- Concur Quick Reference Guides Online, Computer-Based Training for Concur
- Travel Checklist and Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Help Resources
Your Travel Training Next Steps
- End of February: Campus Unit Leads will be contacted to identify travel & expense card candidates and provide enrollment details.
- Mid-March: Zoom sessions for demos and functionality of Concur. Registration for the demos will be announced via email.
- Early April: Reminder stories and announcements.
- Mid-April: Zoom session for Concur/Travel Q&A session for campus unit leads
Concur will be the designated travel and business expense management solution for the University and will manage pre-trip request approval, travel booking, and expense report management. Although University travel is still prohibited outside of North Carolina, launching Concur and World Travel Inc. will give us the ability to support University travel once it resumes. Additionally, we will begin the phased launch of the new individual Travel & Expense (T&E) Card* provided by Bank of America at the same time.
*Further guidance will be provided in the coming weeks to help campus units identify those faculty and staff that would be good candidates to receive T&E Cards.