Finance and Operations Staff,
As we begin the spring semester at Carolina, a reminder that all employees are expected to know and follow the University’s mandatory COVID-19 Community Standards. In addition to wearing a mask and practicing physical distancing, employees who work on campus are also expected to monitor their health daily.
Employees coming to campus are required to complete a daily COVID-19 Wellness Check before reporting to work. If your wellness check determines you are high risk based on symptoms or are a close contact of a known positive, you will be contacted by the University Employee Occupational Health Clinic.
The COVID-19 Community Standards symptom list:
- Have you had recent close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19?
- Do you have new muscle aches not related to another medical condition or another specific activity (e.g., due to physical exercise)?
- Do you feel like you may have a temperature of greater than 100.0°F?
- Do you have sore throat, runny nose and/or congestion not related to another medical condition (e.g., allergies)?
- Do you have a new or worsening cough that is not related to another medical condition?
- Do you have shortness of breath that is not attributable to another medical condition?
- Do you have recent (less than five days) loss of smell and/or taste?
- Do you have new onset of vomiting or diarrhea not related to another medical condition?
Staff may access the daily COVID-19 Wellness Check via go.unc.edu/wellcheck. Links to the COVID-19 Wellness Check may also be found on the Carolina Together, Finance and Operations, Facilities Services and Environment, Health and Safety websites.
Finance and Operations IT has installed shortcuts to the COVID-19 Wellness Check on division-issued iPhones and computers. Look for the blue “Wellness Check” icon on the home screens and desktops of these devices.
To add a shortcut to the COVID-19 Wellness Check on a personal phone:
- Navigate to the COVID-19 Wellness Check webpage on your phone browser.
- If using Safari on an iPhone, tap the share button and select “Add to Home Screen”.
- If using Chrome on an Android device, tap the menu icon and select “Add to Home Screen”.
For more information about the University’s COVID-19 Community Standards and spring semester planning, visit the Carolina Together website.
For more information about employee benefits and resources, visit the University’s COVID-19 Human Resources Guide.